Football Manager 2007

Dan

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm using the newest FM Weegie update, but when Liverpool are beating Man U 5-0, you begin to think it isn't that good.

Also, I just sold Carlos Tevez to Chelsea for 30m, after buying him from west ham for 6, my best business ever? No, signing Marica on a free, and getting him worth 25m after 2 seasons, I'd say that was.

I'm using the newest FM Weegie update, but when Liverpool are beating Man U 5-0, you begin to think it isn't that good.

Also, I just sold Carlos Tevez to Chelsea for 30m, after buying him from west ham for 6, my best business ever? No, signing Marica on a free, and getting him worth 25m after 2 seasons, I'd say that was.

Finished 9th with Tottenham in my first season (had a shocker first half to the year due to no cohesiveness with the team as, adding on to the already new people, I bought all the people Tottenham got in real life for the 07/08 season (sans Kaboul)). Got into the EURO Vase and through that I qualified for the UEFA Cup in the 07/08 season. I sold Malbranque for 5m pounds and I tried to get Gordon to replace Robinson (as he was SHIT for me last year) but he went to Everton instead <_< So I ended up getting Dudek on a free as a back-up to Robinson and terminated Cerny's loan.

I signed Martin Petrov for about 7.5m pounds and made Taarabt's loan permanent for 2.4m pounds. I also got Matty Ritchie from Portsmouth for 675k, Carlos Monti for 550k and Jonathan Franks for 1.3m to strengthen my Under 18's team.

Bale and Petrov are gonna rip it up down the left-hand side for me this year.

Edit: And just sold Chimbonda for 6m to Roma and got Anthony Vanden Borre as a replacement (for 4.9m).

Edited by Zaz

Getting Gordon must always be done ASAP or he has a good year at Hearts and fucks off. <_<

Booted up my England game after the friendly yesterday, had a bit of a play of that. Fuck me, FM can be fairytale sometimes - friendly against South Korea, just a few days before the qualifiers with Israel/Russia (up-to-date, bitches!), I decide to give Michael Owen a game 'cos he's been injured forever (he even spent 2 months of the 3 month gap between the June and September games out with a thigh strain) and doesn't he just bloody score 2 goals to give us a 3-1 win, when we'd been having some difficulty penetrating their defence second half? Awesome.

Of course, now I have to decide between Owen, a fit Rooney, an in-form Crouch, and my super-striker Darren Bent for the next games. Oh noes!

I too thought I'd throw on an England game. I'd been wanting to for a while actually, but since I spend most of my FM on my PSP nowadays it didn't seem an awfully practical idea... I'd spend the whole journey on the underground just skipping through the months till the next match. <_>

In any case, back to the PC version to this one... Though I am of course not up to date by any means. 15 months to catch up on. :(

When do semi-pro clubs become professional clubs?

I had a really god season with Queen of the South (got to the Scottish Cup final thanks to lucky draw after lucky draw) but I'm just wondering when they become a Professional club as they now have lots of money thanks to the cup run.

Ha scrap that question they just turned into a professional club...yay! That will make me happier to sign the 5 year year contract they offered me.

Edited by Sam

Dave Nugent is fucking awesome. 5 goals in 6 international games? Yes please.

Just played the Israel game (up to date, yay!) which I won 2-0. Currently lying in 2nd in Qualifying Group E with 19pts, behind Croatia with 20pts and in front of Russia with 15pts.

Starting line-up would normally go:

GK: Kirkland

DR: Richards

DL: A.Cole

DC: Terry

DC: Carragher

MR: Young

ML: J.Cole

MC: Gerrard

MC: Carrick

FC: Rooney

FC: Nugent

...But with injuries and suspensions (to Carragher, Richards, J.Cole, Carrick, Young, Wright-Phillips, Gerrard, A.Cole) my current line-up is forced into a rather depressing-looking:

GK: Kirkland

DR: G.Neville

DL: Shorey

DC: Terry

DC: R.Ferdinand

MR: Beckham

ML: Downing

MC: Lampard

MC: Hargreaves

FC: Rooney

FC: Nugent

Ugh. <_ still that what nugent for. i see how it goes against russia.>

Edit: Oh, even Beckham's injured now (typically). Um.......Pennant, I guess? ¬_¬

Edited by stokeriño

He is pretty good...hmm.

Anyway, we qualified and such. The Euro 2008 groups appear thusly:

Group A

ENGLAND

Italy

Ukraine

WALES

Group B

Denmark

Portugal

Switzerland

Turkey

Group C

Austria

Germany

Holland

Romania

Group D

Croatia

Norway

Serbia

Spain

Look at that Germanic love fest going on in Group C...

As for our group, I'm not the most optimistic at this stage. It should be pointed out that Wales beat the likes of Germany, Ireland and the Czech Republic to qualify, whereas Ukraine and Italy (from the same qualifying group?!) beat France, Scotland etc. and only ever lost one match each...to each other.

<_>

Edited by stokeriño

Rafael Sobis can be converted pretty easily from FC to AR. Hes very fast too, which is always good.

Also, sometimes Fabian Brandy from the Utd reserves turns out pretty well, and he can be used there too. I usually use him as a backup AR in my Utd game, hes like lightning, 20 acceleration and 20 pace, and if you stick him on a wingers training schedule pretty quickly, you can improve his crossing etc.

Third Premiership title in three years. It's been a good four year spell at United, what with also winning the Champions League two years ago.

Vidic & Ronaldo still want to leave, the bastards. Kompany, however, has slotted in superbly and will pair up great with Ferdinand until he's too old to do his job.

I'm thinking of trying Ashley Young and Silva, and a couple of others. See who I can get and for what.