Football Manager 2007

Dan

Guest muddatrucker

I have a few of my star players tutoring some of my youth team (their tutors are all likened to them in their profiles if that makes any difference) just wondering if theres any form of feedback attached to the feature of is it just like as if they'd trained well?

Ex-managers/players ALWAYS commenting on certain players is annoying as tits, I mean I wouldn't mind if several ex players were chipping in but it always seems to be the same people.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a few of my star players tutoring some of my youth team (their tutors are all likened to them in their profiles if that makes any difference) just wondering if theres any form of feedback attached to the feature of is it just like as if they'd trained well?

Anyone got any tips on making your players not suck at shooting? I'm dominating every game possession wise, and having around 15 shots each game - unfortunately most of those are off target. They're not all long range shots either, I get at least 2 highlights a game where a player is one on one, in acres of space but still manages to blast it over.

Fuck sake. Looks like we'll be chasing for a place in the Champions League this year and that's it. We have a weak right back, even though I foolishly paid £9m for him. He's fucking shit. He's been complacent, and averaging a 6.7. I've been pissed off at him, and went to the media, in the last game he created a goal, so who knows.

His name is Dario Srna. I may play him in the right of midfield to see how he does.

What clubs have been taken-over in your games then? I've had Birmingham, Newcastle, West Ham, Arsenal and Reading. West Brom had the take-over saga of the summer. Some rich business man from the Faroe Islands >_> wanted to buy them out, and promised £30m in transfer fees. The deal collapsed over the valuation of the club. Such a shame as West Brom clearly would have survived with that cash.

Edited by Lost Soul

The plans for taking over Luton are constantly fluctuating between 'it's going to happen!' and 'oh they backed out.'

So far I've had a positive start to the Championship in my second season as QPR. We're fifth after four games which isn't bad at all and V Hleb is turning out to be a beast for my side. He's been the one scoring goals and setting people up despite my two up front still finding it hard to put the ball into the back of the net.

I'm gonna have to tough it out and see if I can snatch a play-off place.

Edited by KuL.A.X

Argh. We are giving goals away all the time. What can I do to try and stop this? =/

I was thinking of putting in more work on defending in training over the month.

We never had this problem last year. <_<

Our away record is terrible. We're still 4th though.

YUSS!

Kept Sheffield United up on the last day after coming from 3-1 down to beat Everton 4-3. This was at about 3 this morning and I jumped up and screamed when Geoff Horsfield poked in the winner. Wednesday got promoted from the Championship so I've got a derby to look forward to this season.

I've fucked myself over with transfers - I went a bit crazy with Bosmans, got a couple of decent players I now see that most of them aren't going to work (Russell Latapy :( ) and I'm over the wage budget so I've been unable to sign Kieron Dyer, David Bentley or Fabio Rochemback. GHEY.

I also got a touchline ban so I just had to sit and watch us get battered 4-0 by Wigan. I thought it was cool.

Edited by The One Bad Ass Outlaw

Similar to Outlaw, I had to win on the last day to secure staying in the Conf South.

Ended up beating Fisher 2-1 (Which should be funny to Ellis since I started this game at Fisher but switched to a larger challenge at Hayes), so now I can start dumping players and building Hayes up.

Plus I have Arsenal as a parent club so that should pay dividends once the Arse players want to actually come to my club. But they pay me 60k a year for nothing so that's all good.

YUSS!

Kept Sheffield United up on the last day after coming from 3-1 down to beat Everton 4-3. This was at about 3 this morning and I jumped up and screamed when Geoff Horsfield poked in the winner. Wednesday got promoted from the Championship so I've got a derby to look forward to this season.

I've fucked myself over with transfers - I went a bit crazy with Bosmans, got a couple of decent players I now see that most of them aren't going to work (Russell Latapy :( ) and I'm over the wage budget so I've been unable to sign Kieron Dyer, David Bentley or Fabio Rochemback. GHEY.

I also got a touchline ban so I just had to sit and watch us get battered 4-0 by Wigan. I thought it was cool.

Still not had a player score more than once this season.

Goals from:

Luke Moore

Andriy Vorinin

Steve Gerrard

Jermaine Pennant

Peter Crouch

Harry Kewell

Xabi Alonso

Leighton Baines

Daniel Carvalho

Luis Garcia

Anyone wanna take bets on who scores next? >_>