The Sports Betting thread

Liam

Yeah, I think a lot of punters were saved their blushes by Espanyol last night. Very nearly threw it all away in the first leg there, but they rallied well.

Given I lost £100 on Barcelona v Betis the other night I've decided to curb my expenditure on gambling a bit. As I have three holidays coming up this year and I want to set aside some money and my major/only outgoings on a regular basis are gambling and alcohol I'm cutting back on both and therefore restricting myself to £10 bet per week. No more betting on every league and every game I watch. One £10 bet most likely at 3pm on a Saturday.

Will probably follow the odds and the trends of the market but will refrain from betting too much. At least until I go to Benidorm in March for the Gold Cup weekend. Once back I'll assess my finances for my next two holidays and see if I can afford to get back to betting on a regular basis.

Hmm, will he start? Mamadou Niang is the captain so you assume he will start and then they have strikers like Moussa Sow, Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse - so it's going to be tricky one anyways. Think Senegal will make the semi final myself.

Ivory Coast's last realistic chance to win the tournament with this so called golden generation, and if all things went to plan they would play Ghana in the final you would assume. If I was to put a bet on, and I may still, although not very much. I'd be inclined for Ivory Coast to win & Seydou Doumbia to be top goal scorer. May go price that up now actually.

EDIT: Not even a fucking option on William Hill because Doumbia isn't a Premier League player. But I can bet on Morocco & Chamakh :shifty:

EDIT: Yeah, still can't get Doumbia. Wondering if Ivory Coast are going to go with Drogba as a lone striker with Kalou and Gervinho as support.

Meh.

Edited by IAceI

Did you check how many were draws...

Just stook a 'woo, signing!' quid on Senegal to win the ACON and Cisse to be top scorer at 50/1. Hat trick tomorrow would be nice.

28 Stoke wins

8 draws

1 WBA win

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I used my free bet on Sprinter Sacre on Tuesday, then lost almost all of it over the following races. Gave up, smashed it on Chelsea and Madrid (strangely good odds on Chelsea) and that small amount is going on Europa tonight since I'm marginally worse at horse betting than I am football.

Seem to have hit a hot streak.

Turned £5 into £40 with 3 winners at Cheltenham.

OLBG's tips are 8/8 so far for the festival, something like 45,000/1 odds.

Today I had Riverside Theatre and even with my limited knowledge of the horses, knew that Big Bucks was a banker.

Tomorrow, OLBG has tipped

3.20 Midnight Chase

4.00 Chapoturgeon Which I've put £1 on a double at 76/1

Smashed that on Gazz so it'd best not let me down. Sticking daft 20p bets on since I'm working from home and bored, so far I've had one horse fall over. Any bookies offer odds on that, I'd make a fortune?

I'm putting faith in you here Gazz.

Followed what you've said, put a quid on Midnight Chase and a quid on Midnight Chase to place, put a quid on Chapoturgeon and a quid on it to place, then a quid on a double.

Don't blame me if they don't come in, blame olbg.com.

Massive odds on the first two winners today, 33/1 and 20/1