Your 'second' team

MDK

As most of you know I am an Orient fan. Please, no jokes. But we all look out for other teams, guilty pleasures and such. What are yours and why?

Internationally I'm and England fan, but being part Polish I always look out for them. Even tho they are shite at tournaments. Wales is another team I look out for becuase my friend is Welsh and I am sick of hearing him complain about being rubbish, so I want them to qualify for something just to shut him up. And at any tournament, the underdogs I support. Like Slovenia at the 2000 Euro's, Jamacia at '98 and even T&T at the world cup.

At club level there isn't so many. Its normally the newly promoted premiership teams I get behind, this year its Reading, mostly becuase they have Nick Shorey, one of our old players. Bolton is the other because I love some Big Sam and his OAP loanees that he used to spooge over.

Yours?

EDIT - I'd prefer it to stick to football because that is the only sport I care about, but if you insist then do other sports :P

Edited by Myked

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Internationally, England - with Argentina coming first. (Spare me the bullshit about patriotism or whatever.)

At club level, I always but always love to see Portsmouth do well. I honestly can't explain why, but they seem enjoyable to watch, have some great players, and as such, get the love. Don't mind seeing West Ham do well either. Quite like it.

In England I support Newcastle... two other English clubs I get behind are Blackburn and West Ham. But in the grand scheme of things, probably my number 2 club would be AS Roma only since I got their shirt when I was in Rome. I don't officially have a number 2 I suppose though.

Hometown comes first, which is Darlington. I follow Man Utd in the prem though, and have done since I was a kid. Due to my Uncle, who's from Manchester and got me into them very early on.

If they ever were to meet, i'd support Darlo 100%.

Feyenoord is my first team 'cause I'm from Holland.. in Holland my second team would be Excelsior .. which always loans/buys all of Feyenoord drop-outs/reserves.

In england my first team is Bolton 'cause I used to live there.. and for some reason my second team there is Liverpool.

Internationally of course Holland first .. and always liked Cameroon for some reason :-\

Carlisle are my home team and as such my second team. Still, didn't stop me from rubbing it in my friends face when Sunderland beat them 3-0, even if it was just a friendly. ¬_¬

In the Premiership I want Tottenham and Everton to do well. Soft spots for them, Tottenham for Defoe mainly. Everton because of an FM game where I took a real liking to them - and Tim Cahill despite absolutely despising him a few years prior.

Im a 100% DOnny Rovers and Liverpool fan, with DRFC being my hometown club, Internationally, i dont give a crap either way, and the England team annoy me, but Sheff U are my 'second team' as i see DRFC and LPool on even footing really, and i have an odd thing for following the progress of Brechin City in Scotland!

I've been a Man U fan since I was a kid. It kinda ran in the family, so I'd little or no choice in the matter. :P

As for second teams, the only other league I'd really follow as much as the Premiership is Serie A. (Again a childhood thing - watching Football Italia on Channel 4 almost religiously) For whatever reason I've always seemed to have a soft-spot for Inter, although I've never been able to explain it as to why or anything. :ohwell:

I also tend to appreciate teams that play "actual football" a lot more than others. I could almost as conformably support someone like Barca or (dare I say it?) Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham or someone like that, if I didn't support United.

My main club is Bristol Rovers, because they're the only club that I've consistantly followed and been to many, many home games (even though it was only for two seasons while I was at Bristol. I do hope to move back to Bristol later on though so I'll resume going to games then. I still follow them closely).

My second club, largely because they're my nearest club, is Plymouth Argyle. I follow them, and I like to see them do well, but I don't really consider myself to be a member of the Green Army. (I don't refer to Argyle as "we" or "us", for example :P).

My favourite Premiership club is Arsenal, and has been since I was about 10 (I didn't really follow football at all until 3-4 years ago, but always liked Arsenal. Then when I started to get interested in the sport I followed Rovers), but I don't really care if they win or lose. Luckily. I still have an Arsenal Video Club video of the 94-95 season, featuring such legends as Chris Kiwomya, Stefan Schwartz, Glen Helder and John Jensen~!

Other than that, I support Bobby Zamora, so currently West Ham :P (Basically because he's one of only two great players Rovers have ever produced, and the other - Nigel Martyn, who was born like 20 miles away from me, played for Crystal Palace, so I disowned him :P).

I despise Palace, Bologna and Barcelona, purely because of their kit :P Seriously, blue and red stripes looks fucking hideous. Blue and red anything looks hideous.

In terms of percentage levels - FM style, probably: 100% Rovers, 75% Argyle, 25% Arsenal and currently 10% West Ham :P

I don't really follow any foreign teams, although for purely Football Manager-related reasons, if ever I was to move to Finland I'd be a Tampere United fan.

Internationally, obviously Englang, but also Finland because most of my music comes from there ¬_¬

Edited by TheReilDeal

I'm Tottenham 'til I die, I'm Tottenham 'til I die, I know I am I'm sure I am, I'm Tottenham 'til I die!

I also like to see Bristol City do well as they're my dad's team/I lived there for a long while, and lately I smile when Brighton do well 'cos I live there now.

I also like AS Roma, Barcelona, and AS Monaco in European terms.

Internationally, I support England and Ireland with equal gusto, dunno who I'd pick if they ever met, and my second team would be Argentina or France. I also enjoy whoever is beating Scotland at the time.