Your 'second' team

MDK

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So yeah, my 2nd favorite football team is the Dolphins. Odd considering my fav is in the same division (Patriots). But, I was seven when I picked these teams and didn't realize the rivalry. As long as the Fins don't interfere much on the Pats, I'll like to see them doing good.

As for the other football... I don't know much on clubs. I don't have a fav club. For international, I really can't say what's my fav and what is 2nd. During this year's WC, I would nearly say England was 1st and the US was 2nd.

Tottenham fan.

However my second team is Gillingham as they're my most local in the football league.

Internationally, after England I support Japan of course (have a current Japan footy shirt) and after them Netherlands.

Other clubs I support from around Europe are Ajax (mainly cos of all the stuff I saw from them in the 80s and 90s), Spartak Moscow (played as them all the time on Sensible World Of Soccer), Athletico Madrid and, erm, that's about it. I hate Europeans.

My local team is Sheff Utd. My secondary teams include Chelsea (from before Abramovich), Bolton and a few others.

International: England, of course. Followed by all the minnows and home nations.

After Arsenal, it's my local team which is Crystal Palace because Selhurst Park is about a 10 minute drive from me.

Outside of England I follow Barcelona, Ajax and Inter Milan. Barca and Ajax because they play good football, and Inter because...well, yeah, I don't actually know why.

After Fulham, it is my local team Dagenham and Redbridge, I've always had lots of other teams I follow for whatever reason, ranging from Luton to Wycombe to Southend, not really "second teams", but I like to see how they do from time to time.

I also follow Celtic.

Internationally, I don't really have a second team, though I do like to see Ireland naturally do well.

My second national team is...England. Because my mum's English. And because well...they're the closest. :ohwell:

I support Rangers, but I always like Inverness as well. I just seem to like the club, I sometimes think of them as Highland Rangers, and they always appoint good staff (Craig Brewster for example), not to mention they always seem to beat Celtic in cup competitions. What's not to love?

Patrick Thistle can play the skin flute.

through and through Southampton but i always seem to look at Man City in the premier league may be the 4 year reign on FM2006 which has caused it but i seem to be a little bit supportive of them

100% Fox firstly, but I do tend to love underdogs as a generalisation when I look at other clubs. Thus in the Prem this season I love Watford, Reading, Sheffield Utd and Aston Villa >_>

Other clubs I pay a bit more of attention to are: Argyle (local), Oxford (uni local), Cov (ex-manager local), Bristol City (dunno) and Forest (don't tell anyone :P)

In my own country - The Netherlands - I support Ajax and SC Heerenveen. Ajax because as a little boy I grew to like them because of players like Marc Overmars and Dennis Bergkamp. I always loved Ajax but when I moved to Friesland, up north, Ajax was too far away. SC Heerenveen is the biggest club in Friesland after Cambuur Leeuwarden. Cambuur is closer to my home but they suck ass, I just never liked them. I have season tickets for SC Heerenveen, so I always visit their home games. When Heerenveen and Ajax meet I'll probably be neutral. When teams from Holland play internationally I support them no matter what team it is because I want Holland to do well.

In Italy I always wanted Inter to beat AC Milan but AC always dominated. Now Inter got Juve's two championships and they are just better than AC IMO, so it's no fun anymore.. Also, since last year I've grown to like AS Roma for some reason. I think it's because they always have brilliant players who have attitude problems, and I dig that <_<

In England usually I just support the Dutch players. So when Arsenal plays I want Van Persie to do well. When Chelsea plays I root for Robben and Boulahrouz (and Kalou because I like him and he kinda is a Dutchman). When Tottenham plays I root for Davids and I hope Jol gets what he deserves - success. I guess if I have to name 4 teams I really support in England it would be these: Liverpool, Arsenal, Tottenham and West Ham. That usually changes every season though. One club I hate in England is Man Utd, probably because of Alex Ferguson.....ugh.

In Spain....easy. Barcelona all the way, because of their rich Dutch history. They play the kind of football Holland likes and I love seeing Ronaldinho and Eto'o owning their opponents. After Barca I support Athletico Madrid, because I like their kits and to me they seem like the underdogs because Real is the bigger club.

I don't watch Scotland much, because I find their competition to be boring. I support the team that manages to beat either Rangers or Celtic. But if I have to choose between Celtic and Rangers, I'll go with Celtic because I like their shirts and they have Vennegoor of Hesselink and they scored twice against Man Utd :pervert:

Belgium....the worst league ever. I guess I support Beveren because they always have new/young players from Ivory Coast, and that just rocks.

In Germany, I support HSV.

Internationally ofcourse Holland. Second team is probably any African team except for Senegal and South Africa, don't ask why because god knows...

Edited by 'Positively' Hitman 48

I don't watch Scotland much, because I find their competition to be boring. I support the team that manages to beat either Rangers or Celtic. But if I have to choose between Celtic and Rangers, I'll go with Celtic because I like their shirts and they have Vennegoor of Hesselink and they scored twice against Man Utd :pervert:

BUT...BUT...WE HAVE RICKSEN. AND WE HAD THE DE BOERS. AND NUMAN. AND MOLS. AND GIOVANNI VAN FUCKING BRONCKHORST. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE RANGERS/HOLLAND CONNECTION?! WHAT HAPPENED?! :crying:

</melodrama> (¬_¬)