24:Season 6 Press Release

The Chief

Source

September 12, 2006 - Though the premiere is still months away in January, filming is well underway on 24's sixth season, and cast announcements continue to be made.

Two new big ones were revealed this week, when it was announced that James Cromwell (LA Confidential / Star Trek: First Contact) and Eddie Izzard (Shadow of the Vampire) would be joining the cast. Cromwell, an Oscar nominee for his performance as Farmer Hoggett in Babe, will play a very notable role; Philip Bauer, the father of Kiefer Sutherland's Jack Bauer.

Acclaimed British comedian Izzard meanwhile will play a "villainous accomplice" named Darren McCarthy.

Other recently announced cast additions include Peter MacNicol (Numb3rs), Regina King (Jerry Maguire), Kal Penn (Harold & Kumar Go to White Castle), Marisol Nichols (In Justice), Alexander Siddig (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine) and Harry Lennix (Commander in Chief).

It is also known that Eric Balfour (The Texas Chainsaw Massacre) will return in his season one role of Milo Pressman, while Carlo Rota (introduced at the end of season five) will have an expanded role as Chloe's ex-husband Morris.

The press release announcing Cromwell and Izzard's addition to the cast also provides the biggest description yet of what returning characters will be involved this season, and where they are when we catch up with them, while still remaining vague enough to account for many 24 surprises to come.

From the press release:

"Season five concluded with a battered and bloodied Bauer captured by Chinese government agents and headed for points unknown. Season six picks up 20 months later. Wayne Palmer (DB Woodside), the strong-minded brother of the late President David Palmer, is now himself the President of the United States, while his sister, Sandra Palmer (Regina King), is a determined and powerful advocacy lawyer. After a series of horrific terrorist attacks, Palmer and his team of advisors, Karen Hayes (Jayne Atkinson) and Thomas Lennox (Peter MacNicol) - as well as CTU colleagues Chloe O'Brian (Mary Lynn Rajskub), Curtis Manning (Roger Cross) and Bill Buchanan (James Morrison) - begin an unthinkable, nail-biting day."

Milo Pressman is a freelance contractor who was essentially in Chloe's role in season one; your general all-purpose hacker type who works for Division. He was also really, REALLY smug when it came to his hacking skills, so I'm looking forward to he and Chloe snarking at eachother.

I'm REALLY psyched as far as the cast goes. Eddie Izzard? Awesome. James Cromwell? Awesome. Kal Penn? Awesome.

And here's hoping that whilst Jack's out of commission Curtis gets to do some badass shit. Curtis rocks.

I wish I could remember his name, but I think the Secret Service guy that got the crap kicked out of him in season five should come back. I liked that guy, he can shoot lots of people until Jack appears. I want a huge body count this season.

I wish I could remember his name, but I think the Secret Service guy that got the crap kicked out of him in season five should come back. I liked that guy, he can shoot lots of people until Jack appears. I want a huge body count this season.

Oh, Aaron Pierce damn well better be Wayne Palmer's head of secret service. Aaron Pierce is the MAN.

More Dr. Bashir on TV can only be a good thing. James Cromwell? Get the fuck out of here. Best 24 ever.

Oh, Aaron Pierce damn well better be Wayne Palmer's head of secret service. Aaron Pierce is the MAN.

You think he wouldn't be? He's saved Wayne several times and a bunch of other good people.