What music are you listening to?

Benji

I'm listening to Linkin Park's new album. I heard it was rubbish, and while they've been on a slide since Hybrid Theory and Meteora, it's not as bad as I was first told. Be nice if they had more songs and not so many 1-2 minute interlude tracks though.

Been listening to a bunch of the new Arcade Fire album lately. Good stuff, definitely. The new Chromeo album will probably get a lot of love in the next month or two also.

Old stuff rehashed: Megadeth "Rust In Peace" and Rush "Moving Pictures"... cause I've seen them both live recently.

I gave Biffy Clyro a second chance (or first-and-a-half chance, I left the room with it on the first time and forgot about it) since I had it around November or Christmas, seeing how they seem to have been talked about a lot lately, even more than usual. The album is Only Revolutions, by the way.

I just don't really like it. It's not terrible, but doesn't do anything. They seem stuck between several types of scene/influences and don't appear to include the best parts from those influences. At times it sounds dirty like grunge, but has a half-hearted pop-punk Blackout type scream voice, and the addition of violins and trumpets just seem to over complicate things and make it sound over produced. And I'm just not a fan of the dudes voice. The fact that it started off with the song of theirs that I loathe in "The Captain" doesn't make anything better. I quite liked the second song which I've forgot the name of, I liked the dirty riff, and the song "Mountains" is ok too as a sing-along type tune, much better single than "The Captain" which was on CONSTANTLY a year ago on the only decent radio station here.

Edited by TheModernWay

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Listening to the new Kings of Leon on Spotify. I liked the last one, at first. Then it got overplayed/I overplayed it a little too much for something that doesn't 'fit' within my usual tastes. Already heard 'Radioactive' before and is quite good. Have a feeling so far that this would've been great for a summer release. Oh well.