What music are you listening to?

Benji

On 5/1/2016 at 01:35, GhostMachine said:

I'm getting sick of this one real fast. When we're in the car with the radio on, sure enough its usually either this song or "7 Years" by Luke Graham that's either already playing or is one of the next 3 songs......

Stop hating.

I saw Yak a few months ago in a local club not knowing anything about them. It was... wild. They're playing again soon and I would be tempted to go, but it's the night before I go fly to France so I'd better not risk it.

I have been rummaging through Intakt Records 2016 catalogue for the past week or two. Some of it has been really good, like the Keïta, Niggli and Brönniman collaboration and Florian Egli's Weird Beard, both great examples of different spectrums of jazz music.

If you have an interest in European jazz, check out Intakt Records. They have a really varied roster and a solid catalogue of releases. Stay clear of Pierre Favre DrumSights, though.

Listened to the Modern Baseball tracks Rich put in his other thread and I found myself enjoying them. Will try and make the effort to catch them at Reading this year.

Also, some select tracks from the various bands I've seen this week:

Jule Vera:

With Confidence:

As It Is:

Go Primitive:

Fort Hope:

On 17/05/2016 at 13:25, Avenged said:

After hearing a song from it while I was out last weekend, I have revisited 'Chuck' by Sum 41 and its awesome. 

That takes me back to 2004. Their best album too.

Why are we so old now, Will? :(

I like The Killers, but his solo albums are much more my thing. I absolutely adored his first album, and whilst the second wasn't quite as good, it still has some tremendous tracks. Hopefully The Killers put out something a little more "Sam's Town" and a lot less "Battleborn".