Album Of The Year candidates?

Liam

How did you find out about Breed 77? Or are they somehow big in Canada? >_>

They aren't big in Canada at all. I think they were recommended to me through last.fm.

Yeah, it seemed a little weird as I don't tend to hear people pimping them. I'm one of the main members on their forum and have met them a couple of times. Not a big fan though, just joined because my mates mods :P

"In My Blood" is pretty good, but I think I prefer their second album overall.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In Flames - Come Clarity

Rob Zombie - Educated Horses

Stone Sour - Come What(ever) May

Trivium - The Crusade

Cute Is What We Aim For - The Same Old Blood Rush with a New Touch

My top five albums from the year so far. I think.

Edited by Summcore Superstar

1. Final Fantasy - He Poos Clouds

2. Justin Timberlake - FutureSex/Love Sounds

3. My Chemical Romance - The Black Parade

4. Saves the Day - Sound the Alarm/Bug Sessions

5. Peaches - Impeach My Bush

Honorable mentions - Amputecture, Ta-Dah

Well, let's see... We have got a ton of good albums already this year, my personal faves so far including Napalm Death's "Smear Campaign", Summoning's "Oath Bound" and Cattle Decapitation's "Karma.Bloody.Karma". However, my album of the year so far would be "Trample The Weak, Hurdle The Dead" by Skinless. Great brutal death metal with catchy riffing and precise drumming... And the vocals are just lovable as well. My pick thumbsup.gif

Looking at the albums I brought down to Plymouth with me, the contenders appear to be:

Graham Coxon- Love Travels at Illegal Speeds- Outside shot.

Arctic Monkeys- Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not- Mercury Prize winner and the biggest selling debut album this year.

The Like- Are You Thinking What I'm Thinking?- Just beautiful.

The Flaming Lips- At War With the Mystics- Another outside shot.

Johnny Cash- American V: A Hundred Highways- emotional.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs- Show Your Bones- Effortless rock n roll is what Mojo said. Who am I to argue?

The Kooks- Inside In/Inside Out- My personal choice. Nothing has come close to touching it so far this year.

Honourable mentions go to Outkast & Plan B.

In conclusion hip hop sucks more in '06 than in '96.

Edited by Iain76er

Though if I'm honest, no NEW album has really swept me off my feet and kept me there, Angels and Airwaves was great, for a month, ditto Dirty Pretty Things' effort. Stadium Arcadium is an above average album from a band that should be making waves still.

Personally, I think it has been a pretty good musical year so far, as I was straining to keep stuff off my list more than looking to add stuff to it. I'm really not normally into checking out the stuff as it is happening, but 2006 I've been pretty impressed with.

Edited by Steve Mandela

Edguy - Rocket Ride. I like the new "rocky" Edguy just as much, if not more, than the old 'power metaly' Edguy. And yet another version of Land of the Miracle is always good :shifty: (seriously, how many albums can they actually release that on?)

Blood Mountain was good, but that's already been mentioned, and didn't involve Edguy :shifty:

Personally, I think it has been a pretty good musical year so far, as I was straining to keep stuff off my list more than looking to add stuff to it. I'm really not normally into checking out the stuff as it is happening, but 2006 I've been pretty impressed with.

Me too. Of course, I assume that's because I'm an elitist indie whore and this year was fabulous for us >_>

Guest The Bleeding Heart Show of Ringy

Next year looks awesome, but Islands' album is probably gonna wind up as one of my favourites of all time, and as such, this year wins >_>.

So wait, the leaked Shins album we have doens't come out until next year?

Next year looks awesome, but Islands' album is probably gonna wind up as one of my favourites of all time, and as such, this year wins >_>.

Guest The Bleeding Heart Show of Ringy

January 23rd, 2007. It's going to be a pretty anti-climactic year if that album ends up being the best I hear in 07 and I've already heard it in October.