2006/07 NBA Thread

JStarr

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor Mavericks. Just goes to show that Steve Nash should have won his third MVP award in a row this year. I totally agree with the person who said that the MVP award should be given out until or after the finals.

Oh well, my home team is the Pistons. Bring on the Bulls, because that's gonna be a hell of a series.

Quick Note: Really see the Suns or the Bulls winning the championship by the way they're playing. Pistons, while great, just doesn't have... it.

Edited by The Aztec Warrior

I think the Pistons have "it." Whatever it is, I don't know, but I think the Pistons have...it?

They still have one of the top starting fives in the league and now have a deep bench (as opposed to last year). The defense is still top notch and I still have faith that Ben Wallace's FT shooting woes will soon hurt his team. Sure, he hit seven in a row against Miami, but even the blind squirrel finds the nut every so often (I love cliches :shifty: ).

The winner of the Bulls/Pistons series goes to the finals, no doubt about it, but I see Detroit coming out of a brutal donnybrook of a series. I think their experience will give them an edge over the Bulls who are maybe a year away from getting back to the NBA finals.

Even though I picked them to go to the Finals, I'm glad that Dallas lost. The NBA is need of a Cinderella type team and the Warriors would be perfect for it. That being said, they can easily make to the West Championship because I think they'll cause matchup problems against either Utah or Houston (especially Houston) and then the toughest task would be facing the Spurs or Suns in the West finals.

I think the Pistons have "it." Whatever it is, I don't know, but I think the Pistons have...it?

They still have one of the top starting fives in the league and now have a deep bench (as opposed to last year). The defense is still top notch and I still have faith that Ben Wallace's FT shooting woes will soon hurt his team. Sure, he hit seven in a row against Miami, but even the blind squirrel finds the nut every so often (I love cliches :shifty: ).

The winner of the Bulls/Pistons series goes to the finals, no doubt about it, but I see Detroit coming out of a brutal donnybrook of a series. I think their experience will give them an edge over the Bulls who are maybe a year away from getting back to the NBA finals.

I give the Pistons credit, they didn't let the Bulls come back. I thought the refs were obviously bias the first 10 minutes and were rough on the Bulls, but after the first quarter the refs did a good job. Anytime the Bulls even started to mount a comeback, the Pistons shot them down. Our bench was horrible, theirs was great, and they shot the lights out.

I commend the Pistons on a great Game 1, but I don't think the Pistons can play that level for an entire series.

Spurs/Suns was an awesome game. Nash was bleeding, but still played through it. Spurs JUST edged them, and I wouldn't be surprised if the winner of that series won the whole thing.

That's a HUGE understatement. It had to be the worst facial injury I've ever seen. They must have put 6 or 7 plasters on it and it was still gushing.

I don't see the Warriors or the Jazz beating the Suns or the Spurs so whoever wins this series I think will go to the final. I think we're going to get Spurs/Pistons again :(

I'm still wondering why people doubt that the Pistons can keep up their level of play against the Bulls. I know that they wont continue to dominate the way they did, but I still see them taking this series. They just have too much talent, depth, and (most importantly) experience to go down to the Bulls. The Bulls are a dangerous team no doubt, but they are just not yet at the Pistons level. The Pistons are still a team that is playoff test, not far from a championship win, and still play incredible defense without Ben Wallace. In fact, this Pistons team is much better than the team you saw in last years playoffs. The team is so much deeper, and Chris Webber has proven to be a much better fit with Flip Saunders style of coaching (as opposed to Ben Wallace, who's FT woes and bickering with the coach hurt this team last year). Going back to the depth, the Pistons have been getting great production from their bench thus far. The bench has provided a big time spark with hustle plays, great defense, and even a nice amount of production on the offensive end.

I believe that this current team is good enough to win it all this year.

That's a HUGE understatement. It had to be the worst facial injury I've ever seen.

I take it you never watched Joey Mercury's ladder incident?

And it was a headbutt when he tried to steal the ball from Tony Parker.

Not properly, just the black and white censored replays which didn't show much.

• 2 weeks later...

See this is why I hate the NBA, they just ruined their best series by suspending Amare and Diaw for standing up after Robert Horry laid out Steve Nash.

I know there's a rule that says any player that leaves the bench during a scuffle will get suspended but this is stupid. It'd be one thing if they did it following a weak flagrant, but christ Horry laid Nash out, with obvious malicious intent and they reacted, now they Spurs get the next game on a silver platter

Fucking stupid.

Amare and Diaw are suspended for one, Horry for two

I still think Marion, Bell, Barbosa and a very pissed off Steve Nash give the Suns a decent chance to win

A rule is a rule, and the fact Amare tried to lie his way out of it probably didn't help matters.

As for the foul, it wasn't as hard as everyone is making it out to be. He didn't closeline him, he didn't even toss him to the ground. Horry ran into him, Nash went flying and probably didn't try to do anything other then that to draw the flagrant, and then Amare and Diaw broke an ironclad rule and left the bench.