Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Timmoru Suzuki

This is great news. For ages I've been thinking of playing a new game with a different main team, but I could never truly be arsed to go through the game again, because it wasn't THAT great. However, with some of the new characters (Cyclops, Nightcrawler and Venom in particular) I'm probably going to be more likely to do so.

Plus, I want to play as Nick Fury and Daredevil, and use Dr. Strange more than last time, so I'd have a nice little team going on there.

Edited by Mushiking timmayy

I'm really pumped about this as I really was looking for a reason to start playing MUA again. I couldn't care less about the villains but I definetely want to put Hawkeye and the Hulk on my team. Especially Hawkeye.

Kaney, it's official. When this content comes out we're playing through this, start to finish. :shifty:

I'm really pumped about this as I really was looking for a reason to start playing MUA again. I couldn't care less about the villains but I definetely want to put Hawkeye and the Hulk on my team. Especially Hawkeye.

Kaney, it's official. When this content comes out we're playing through this, start to finish. :shifty:

Count me in... I need the 4 player achievements.

Count me in... I need the 4 player achievements.

Yeh this looks awesome. If only I had a 360. PS2 is going to be forgotten about now that the PS3 is out.

While we're on the subject, has anyone played the Wii version? Is there any interactive features ie with the Wiimote or Nunchuck thingy as apposed to normal controls with the other consoles?

Oh and who is the woman in your avatar Kulex? She is incredibly hot.

You know, this thread has made me realize that I don't even know what games half of you play. Maybe in the gamertag thread we can each post a list of what games we have so people know who they can ask for help from and also plan co-op games?

I'm a little behind, I've just started playing this week, despite having had the game since Christmas. I've saved just before I choose either Nightcrawler or Jean Grey to live, and I'm loving it so far. I have to echo the Murderworld love. Team at the moment is Wolverine (who kills most minions with one hit), Spidey, Luke Cage (fucking machine) and Ghost Rider (who I swapped for Thor). I wanna get Blade in somehow, but if Ghost Rider's as good as everyone says he is...

I just bought this yesterday and I am thoroughly enjoying it. I love the cast of heroes thus far, it's a very good selection, with few glaring omissions. The storyline is what you'd expect from a Marvel franchise, and that is a good thing.

My question is, how do I know if I unlocked alternate costumes? Or rather, when do I unlock alternate costumes? I've just entered the portion of the game where I'm chilling in Dr. Strange's Sanctum Sanctorum, and haven't seem to have had any indictation if I've unlocked any costumes.

Otherwise, I've really dug nearly every character. I don't like sticking with just one team as I like to experience every character, and I'm looking to get most of my characters powered up.

Though my favorite characters have been Deadpool, Iron Man, Wolverine, Human Torch, and Ice Man. Spider Man was slightly dissapointing.

Strangely, my best team has been Deadpool, Luke Cage, Moon Knight, and Spider Woman. What a fucking hodge podge that was.

Spidey is useful, rather than great. His long-range web slinging attack is great against the minor boss characters, or when your overwhelmed by tonnes of basic enemies, and he can come in useful now and again for getting hard to reach objects.

As for unlocking costumes, I think you just play/level-up a lot as each character to get 3 out of the 4 costumes. You get the other by completing that characters simulator mission.

And Deadpool kicks ass, like you say.

Deadpool's weak as fuck if you don't spend his points yourself. I made the mistake of having them autospent my first go-around on the game and Deadpool came out weak as fuck, Wolverine highly overpowered, and Spiderman was about the same as Wolverine. Played through again assigning stat points myself and built Deadpool into a fucking powerhouse.

Yeah, I've been building Deadpool up so that he's at least a strong enough character to kick some ass for me. Human Torch is actually pretty fucking powerful now because my brother is in love with the character's attacks. So basically, Human Torch has been used a lot and has leveled up. I also noticed Luke Cage levels up relatively quick.

I also noticed that Iron Man's special upper cut thing (I don't know what he calls it) is instant death for any minions. Something tells me I should put Black Sabbath on my X-Box hard drive and play Iron Man while fighting with Iron Man. I'm cliche like that.

I can't wait to unlock Ghost Rider and Blade now. I have a few teams I'd like to experiment with, involving combos of Moon Knight, Luke Cage, Wolverine, Ghost Rider, Deadpool, and Blade. I want to make some sort of dark and mysterious assassin team.

Edit - And I did figure out the alternate costumes thing. I have seen the indications, but didn't understand what they meant initially. I have unlocked Blade, Daredevil, and Ghost Rider since my last chat. My team of Ghost Rider, Blade, Spiderman, and Thor ran roughshod through Mephisto's realm, and we got a bit of help from Jean Grey despite letting her plummet to her demise.

I love this game.

Edited by VerbalPuke

Two of my friends and I played through this on the Wii, and had a blast doing so. The Wii controls and all were fun, but I think we'd have enjoyed thed game regardless. We normally used a team consisting of Wolverine (one guy), Thor (Me), Luke Cage (other guy) and then rotating either Ghost Rider, Spiderman, or Mister Fantastic. I know, I know, but one of my friends really loves Mister Fantastic. We're all theatre geeks and comic geeks as well as video game geeks, so we did the whole "read the dialogue out loud in your characters voice", which lead to one of them proclaiming my Thor voice "the best thing you've ever done". We're looking at playing back through it on the harder difficulty right now.

Two of my friends and I played through this on the Wii, and had a blast doing so. The Wii controls and all were fun, but I think we'd have enjoyed thed game regardless. We normally used a team consisting of Wolverine (one guy), Thor (Me), Luke Cage (other guy) and then rotating either Ghost Rider, Spiderman, or Mister Fantastic. I know, I know, but one of my friends really loves Mister Fantastic. We're all theatre geeks and comic geeks as well as video game geeks, so we did the whole "read the dialogue out loud in your characters voice", which lead to one of them proclaiming my Thor voice "the best thing you've ever done". We're looking at playing back through it on the harder difficulty right now.

"Verilly!"

Speaking of Thor and his voice, I found his voice over to be very familiar sounding. I couldn't quit place my finger on it at first, but then realized he sounded like Liquid Snake from Metal Gear Solid.

My suspicions were true, as I found out that the voice actor who does Liquid Snake also does Thor. It's not exactly big news, but I found it to be a bit interesting.

So to Kaney, Kulex, Zero and whoever else has this, I'm planning to do a long game session tomorrow night around nine EST and one wednesday at 3:00 EST. Send me a message on Live if you're interested.

I'm down for Wednesday. Shoot me a PM if I forget.