Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Timmoru Suzuki

I rented the game, and so far its awesome...but it's very laggy on X-Box Live. If you enjoyed the X-men Legend games, you'll love this. Deadpool does kickass, but I usually use Spiderman or Strom, especially Storm for the first boss.

Is Deadpool as underpowered as he was in XML2? I made the mistake of letting the CPU assign stats the first time I played XML2 and Deadpool was my weakest character. :S

Just finished beating the Atlantis area with my girlfriend (the third level) and I have to say it is quite good for multiplayer fun. (PS2 version by the way)

Our current team is Captain America, Deadpool, Wolverine and Black Panther. Very lethal team I must say.

I played around on a separate save last night, screwing about with the cheats to see what they did/do, and to try out all the characters comic missions to see how well they work and who we should use in our main game.

The lack of variety in characters is very annoying though. I swear Spider-Woman and the Invisible Woman are identical powerwise. Same can be said for a few others.

Deadpool is a best though if you play him right. I made it through the second level with just him and handle myself quite well. Which is good. I fucking hate his voice actor. That is not what Deadpool should sound like... It should be gravely, and Demi Moore-like not the fucking Crypt Keeper doing a lazy rendition of a Spider-man wannabe.

Speaking of which Spider-man sucks. His powers are useless, he's useless and dies too much (especially when left in the computer's control). I wanted to use him and Deadpool together. Blah.

I like the variety of the levels and how stuff is always popping up and events occur. Makes it seem more like things are going on instead of a typical boring dungeon crawler. Enemy variety is also quite good.

Albeit even as a fairly big Marvel fan, a lot of the villains I've seen so far and those I know of... are very disappointing. I barely know of some (Crimson Dynamo) and have never even heard of others (Attuma).

But playing it single player to check stuff out and see how things were (since we've only rented it to see if it's worth buying) was rather dull. The powers variety and such feels limited. You have (chargable) projectiles, status effects and (chargable) melee attacks. Mr. Fantastic has some very unique powers though.

Shooting the hell out of enemies with Deadpool and then stabbing them with Wolverine is fun.

Just wish Cable was in this, or they didn't cheap out and actually included Moon Knight and Colossus in this version. Can't even have a fucking X-Men team which is ridiculous.

Murderworld is by far the greatest thing in this game. I just beat it and have no idea how they are going to top it in upcoming levels.

Iron Man's Pitfall > *

EDIT: What's everyone's created team? Mine;

The Marvel's

Iron Man

Silver Surfer

Thor

Colossus

Dr. Strange

Going to add Ms. Marvel after my next reputation boost.

Edited by Pepsi

Both Cap and Deadpool are some of the strongest in the game if you level them up properly. For Cap, level up his Shield Throw skill, as well as his Shield Mastery skill that is attached to his first Costume. For Deadpool, level up Blade Cyclone, Battle Cry, Duel Shot, and Health Regen (Second and Third costume).

What kind of costumes does Deadpool have - same as XML2? (w/ and w/o mask)?

All I can tell you so far is that his second one is his sick ultimate costume. :o

He has a total of four though, so he must have some other ones in there too. Perhaps an Agent X cameo considering how the costume system works in this? I can dream...

Hopefully. I haven't seen his Ultimate costume though. :thumbsdown:

Just beat the game today. Was a bit shorter than I expected, but then again, I pretty much used Deadpool to tele through the last level without bothering to fight anyone.

Still a decent game though, and I'm looking forward to multiplayer with my friends.

Now to face the onslaught of November releases. Oh yeah.

Just beat the game today. Was a bit shorter than I expected, but then again, I pretty much used Deadpool to tele through the last level without bothering to fight anyone.

Still a decent game though, and I'm looking forward to multiplayer with my friends.

Now to face the onslaught of November releases. Oh yeah.

There are only 1 to 2 side quests per level, and most are either find/protect/rescue something, while the rest are tied into the level objectives. The alternate endings are just explanations about how those side quests affected the future, nothing more. On average, you could beat the entire game in about 15 hours.

Edited by abundant