Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Timmoru Suzuki

Went with Anti-Reg only to see the different outcome than what occurred in the comics.

I never liked Captain America, but I thought playing Pro would be too easy with Iron Man, and his cast.

Juggs is a beast. And the cheats to unlock Jean Grey, Hulk, and Thor don't tamper with achievements or trophies.

This just in; Green Goblin's glider totally breaks this game. I mean seriously, his double jump is getting on the glider and from there you can fire missles\machine gun. All you need is the machine gun.. I am near the end of the game and seriously, it takes out groups of enemies in just a few seconds if that... and bosses in even less time. Sure it drains your blue manaish power or whatever they call it, but you just get off.. use one of the Fusion powers that you got from all that shooting and then jump right back on.

Also, if anyone else comes across the Wakanda glitch where you are told to clear the room of the Collective... if it just so happens that you find yourself fighting no bosses... go back to the autosave and do it over again. There are supposed to be two bosses in that room and when I first started they showed up at first and then never came back leaving me to fight spawn after spawn of enemies. I glitched again when the second one wouldn't take damage.

I encountered a glitch in that room that every time you used Cage it froze the game, saving to the hard drive solved that.

As requested.

Enter these during gameplay, not a menu screen. These are for the 360, not sure about the PS3.

Thor

Up, Right, Right, Down, Right, Down, Left, Right, Start

Jean Grey

Left, Left, Right, Right, Up, Down, Up, Down, Start

Hulk

down, left,left,up,right,up,down,left, Start

Edited by Captain Eo

2 questions.

1. How many of your friends have it already and are on XBL or PSN already?

2. Have you played X-Men Legends, or the first ultimate Alliance.

I would say if you have friends who already own it and are on those networks it's a good title to have. The $60 bucks is a little steep for the length of the 2 initial playthroughs it would take to see everything (10-15 hours). But that's a little over what must games are offering these days in terms of length anyways.

But this title is money well spent in the amount of replayability. You have so many combinations of teams to play through with. I'm sure we'll see some added characters in the form of DLC, and there's not a lot of 4 player Co-Op options out there that are as fluid and fun to play as this.

My problem with Halo, and Gears is that if you have a person on your team that sucks the experience will eventually suck as well. Whereas here, if a buddy needs help you can heal him, revive him if you didn't make it in time, or bust out a super dooper awesome fusion move and clear the room and catch your breath.

It's fun, but I wonder what took 3 years of devlopment. That aside tho with the amount of characters there are the gameplay is constantly evolving everytime you put a new character on your team.

If it helps about a week before 2 dropped, I picked up the first game for like 5 bucks (after a discount of some sort) used at Gamestop, regular price on it was 9.99 used. I imagine you can find a similar price if you look.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd say it's the story that's an improvement, but it really feels lacking in other departments. The lack of unlockable's for starters I'm really not fond off, there were loads in MUA1, and there's all of like 3 in this one. (Though I suppose if you count guys unlocked by defeating them there's a few more).

I also think that the simulator missions are sorely missed. That was one of the best parts of the first game, and the extra unlockable costumes. MUA1 was one of those rare games for me where I actually enjoyed playing through the side and optional mission stuff, so I was majorly dissapointed that the sim missions had been replaced with "Destroy 20 boxes in under 10 seconds" missions and such.

Really awesome game otherwise, I'm just let down a fair bit by the lack of side and optional missions. Which this game would've really benefitted from considering how long it takes to unlock most heroes/villians, you usually don't have much cause to use them because you're already at the end of the game.

I'd say this game is more challenging than MUA1 as well. I'm only playing on normal but the fights with Titanium Man and Yellowjacket were bloody difficult. I remember in MUA1 I probably died like... once, maybe twice. This game seems to actually get somewhat harder as you progress.

Another thing that sucks is that since I got the PS3 version, I won't be able to use any mods >_> I always enjoyed playing as Magneto, Juggernaught, Sabretooth and Quicksilver.

• 2 weeks later...

why would a total sociopath help EITHER side of the Civil War? I don't like this unless they had in a third option, "Kill Everyone". :shifty:

I'll be buying this DLC, though. Already beat the Anti-Reg side of the game, about to go back through with Cyborg (Spoiler) and Penance for the Pro-Reg side. I think I like the first game better, though.