Gears of War

Laice07

I despise people who complain about the chainsaw.

Seriously? Are you fucking brain dead? Its the melee attack the STANDARD WEAPON OF THE GAME, stop acting like its some glitch I'm taking advantage of.

Not that I use the chainsaw very often, I perfer straight up Locust or Sniper Rifle melees

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Except the chainsaw is horribly flawed in many ways. The horrible 'run and chainsaw' bug is enough to make me hate the weapon alone, even without the 'chainsaw yourself' one. Why can't you hurt someone when they're going through the animation, but you can chainsaw them? Why can people chainsaw you when they're facing in the opposite direction (even when you're host)?

I don't care much about being killed or how in Gears, but the only thing thats ever really pissed me off is when I get some guy running at me with his chainsaw revved, I see him and shoot him with the shotgun, but he still gets me in the animation despite being a good foot or so away from me.

I'm also not keen on melee-ers, but thats only because well, it's boring >_>

I'd use the chainsaw more often, but I have this horrible inability to get anyone with it. I can flank people easily, I can sneak up on them and there've been countless snipers on say, Canals that I've snuck up behind, but every single time I get ready to approach him, he turns round by chance and sees me before running away. Every time :(

I don't care much about being killed or how in Gears, but the only thing thats ever really pissed me off is when I get some guy running at me with his chainsaw revved, I see him and shoot him with the shotgun, but he still gets me in the animation despite being a good foot or so away from me.

I'm also not keen on melee-ers, but thats only because well, it's boring >_>

I'd use the chainsaw more often, but I have this horrible inability to get anyone with it. I can flank people easily, I can sneak up on them and there've been countless snipers on say, Canals that I've snuck up behind, but every single time I get ready to approach him, he turns round by chance and sees me before running away. Every time :(

• 1 month later...

New Update coming today at 4pm Pacific Time

It'll fix some more glitches and introduce the new game type "Annex" which is a king of the hill/territories type game.

New maps will apparently be coming out soon too. You'll have to pay for them initially but eventually they'll be free. No price or date confirmed though

Annex is pretty cool. It's different from what I'd come to expect in a Gears match, but it's a lot more frantic, adds a bit of life to a game that I hadn't been playing for ages.

Also, Kaney + Kraigy = greatest tag team ever.