The Borat Movie

Guest h.franklin

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night it did 9.9 million, which puts it ahead of last week's opening number. Obviously this is because it's on more screens than last week, but it still has the top average at the box office. One thing's for sure, there's no way they can do another Borat without staging the whole thing now.

Edited by Carl Rove Cock Sucking Wannabe

Which is totally sad. :(

Was real good stuff. Saw it today.

I wonder what this means for the Ali G show as a whole. The "Ali G" film totally publicised him over here (Outside of the late ngiht Channel 4 demographic), leading to him going to America and now "Borat" is shaping up to be a worldwide spectacle. It's going to be tougher to find people who'd buy his shtick. :(

Yeah I was going to use Trigger Happy TV as an example, but Trigger Happy never really got to moviestar success. After the hype eventually died down Joly was able to film the very, very good "World Shut Your Mouth" in the UK though, which is basically Trigger Happy TV on a different channel (And less squirrells).

Yeah, that always happens with this kind of thing. Trigger Happy TV being an example.

Either he'll need a new character, or they need to go to a country where the movie's practically unknown.

This movie definitely was hilarious. The guy who runs the driving school I went to happened to be the driving instructor for Borat. I found tha pretty cool.

But it's a shame that a sequel will be so hard. Cohen should try and find a new character and see if it sticks. Bruno more or less doesn't.