Michael richards goes on a racial tirade during stand up act

Lint

http://us.video.aol.com/video.index.adp?mo...;pmmsid=1772645

Heard it on Preston And Steve this morning. All that needs to be said. Its really shocking to see him do this...

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is great to see people still getting offended by the word "nigger". It's used so much in today's culture, but I guess it's only okay if black people say it. I have heard rap songs where every line of lyrics has the word "nigger" in it.

I don't know much about this whole situation and really haven't looked into it but, I thought a few of you might enjoy this picture that I found on CollegeHumor.com:

KKKramer

collegehumor.297c887782a043c6a136b6cb36dadcad.jpg

Edited by The Z-Man

Yeah, black people have a real hang up about their former oppressors using a term that represents their former bondage. Crazy, isn't it?

We should hang Richards upside down with a fork in his ass. Or at the very least ensure his career is in fact over.

I think it is great to see people still getting offended by the word "nigger". It's used so much in today's culture, but I guess it's only okay if black people say it. I have heard rap songs where every line of lyrics has the word "nigger" in it.

... except it's not the same thing.

Meh. These black guys didn't seem to be bothered by it when they disrespected Richards by talking/heckling throughout his act, so why should we treat them like they deserved Richards' respect? A heat of the moment, rage-induced "HE'S A NIGGER!" is totally different than the redneck on the street saying "He's a nigger" to the black guy that walks past.

As Jim Norton put it, when you're on stage and you've got a heckler, the one thing you want to do as a comic is to just spew the most vile things you can at them; but you don't know these people, all you have to "work with", so to speak, is how they look.

I ask of you this: Would there be outrage among the fat people if said black people were fat, and he called them fat fucks, lard-asses, etc.? Would there be civil unrest by the cross-eyed people if he called them cross-eyed bastards?