Eagles of Death Metal lash out at Guns N' Roses

Benji

Eagles of Death Metal lash out at Guns N' Roses

Jesse Hughes tells Axl Rose to 'go fuck himself' after tour shun

Eagles Of Death Metal band leader Jesse "The Devil" Hughes has vented his anger at Axl Rose, saying the singer is "fucking out of his mind" after his band were thrown off Guns n' Roses' US tour.

The band were reportedly "let go" after getting a hostile reception from the audience at a recent gig.

However speaking to NME.COM, Hughes said he was "shocked" by Rose's reaction when he branded them "The Pigeons Of Shit Metal", and then sacked them from stage during a recent gig at Cleveland's Quicken Loans Arena.

"Axl Rose is fucking out of his mind," raged Hughes. "He wasn't even there when we played. He got there about 30 minutes after we got done playing. He waltzed on to the stage and went nuts.

"He had a couple of fans thrown out for pissing him off. Then when he called us The Pigeons Of Shit Metal, Tommy Stinson, their bass player took his bass off and goes: 'Fuck you, that's it'. And then he threw his bass down. But then Axl picked up his bass and fucking threw it at him dude. It was a fucking circus up there."

Despite reports claiming that his band were thrown off the tour for the poor reception they received, Hughes said by the end of the show EODM managed to win the fans over.

"When we first walked out there the crowd were jeering but it was because we weren't Axl Rose," he admitted. "These kids had been waiting there since seven o'clock for the second coming of Christ and Axl wasn't there yet. So a bunch of happy go lucky sincere and real deal rock and rollers came out and started playing. The jeers only went on for a little bit. By the end of the set we'd won those fuckers over."

Despite throwing his band off tour, Hughes claims that his tour manager then received a call later that night from Rose's management apologising for the singer's actions and he asked them to return for the remaining dates of Guns n' Roses' three-week tour.

"By the end of the night that guy [Rose]had caused a giant uproar," said Hughes. "It was like a total mutiny on the part of his band and everyone. I could hear screaming in the dressing room, 'Those are our friends and you've insulted our friends'. Then at 4am in the morning our tour manager gets a phone call which essentially amounted to: 'Axl's thought about it, he thought you guys were a band getting shoved on his tour from the label. He's really sorry and you're more than welcome to finish the tour'.

"When my manager told me that, I just said, 'You can tell that motherfucker to go and fuck himself because I will never go through that again'."

Meanwhile, Hughes confirmed that his band will be returning for a three-month tour of Europe in 2007, including UK dates.

He also said that Queens Of The Stone frontman Josh Homme will return for part of the jaunt.

"I know there's gonna be some surprise shows," he admitted. "Its probably gonna be 50-50 with Josh I think. But like I always say the only way I'm gonna get out his shadow is if he ain't standing in my sun. We're gonna finish our tour in England because that's where the heart is."

May whatever force controls this universe bless Jesse Hughes. There's something I find so funny about all this.

lol @ "pidgeons of shit metal"

I'm not an Eagles of Death Metal fan at all, and think they are ridiculously over rated (especially by kerrang). Ah well...

lol @ "pidgeons of shit metal"

I'm not an Eagles of Death Metal fan at all, and think they are ridiculously over rated (especially by kerrang). Ah well...

Kerrang!'s opinions have been null and void for a long while. I wouldn't say they're over rated though, I don't know anyone bar me who likes them more than 'a generally good band'.

I'm wearing an EoDM shirt right now in fact.

They put on a fucking awesome show. I was far more entertained by the EODM gig I went to than I was Guns N Roses.

Guns N Roses was wank, Eagles of Death Metal was fucking tasty.

Axl might be an ass, but so what, he saw that they sucked and was basically saying sorry to his audience.

EDOM are lame hipster shit that probably (and hopefully) won't even be around five years from now.

The music business needs more Axl Rose's. Axl is like the Randy Savage of music, and incidentally the wrestling business desperately needs more guys like Randy Savage.

But the music business needs less Randy Savages, that's something we can all agree on.

I got nothing against Eagles of Death Metal, but yeah Bob, I gotta agree, it's hipster shit. Doesn't make it bad in my opinion, because you could say the same about bands like the Raconteurs and OK Go, both of which I love immensely. Matter of opinion, I suppose.

I've only ever heard one EODM song, and have never really heard any hype about them, so I'm surprised to see them labelled as "hipster", but maybe so, I'm so far removed from the metal scene anywhere that I haven't got a clue what is and isn't popular. The one song I've heard by them was alright, though.

To say the music business needs more people like Axl Rose is laughable. It needs more people that are going to get swallowed up by their own ego and follow-up a raw and energetic hard rock album with an overblown over-produced double album, self-indulgent almost to the point of auto-fellatio, consider themselves above the rest of their band, not turn up to gigs that THEIR FANS paid good money for, walk off stage whenever something slightly annoys them, bullshit about just about everything, and spend a decade working on one fucking album that probably won't come out until after they're dead, and then it'll be incredibly underwhelming (how could it not be?)

One of the biggest problems with the music industry has always been that there are TOO MANY people like Axl Rose. The last thing we need is more.

I've only ever heard one EODM song, and have never really heard any hype about them, so I'm surprised to see them labelled as "hipster", but maybe so, I'm so far removed from the metal scene anywhere that I haven't got a clue what is and isn't popular. The one song I've heard by them was alright, though.

To say the music business needs more people like Axl Rose is laughable. It needs more people that are going to get swallowed up by their own ego and follow-up a raw and energetic hard rock album with an overblown over-produced double album, self-indulgent almost to the point of auto-fellatio, consider themselves above the rest of their band, not turn up to gigs that THEIR FANS paid good money for, walk off stage whenever something slightly annoys them, bullshit about just about everything, and spend a decade working on one fucking album that probably won't come out until after they're dead, and then it'll be incredibly underwhelming (how could it not be?)

One of the biggest problems with the music industry has always been that there are TOO MANY people like Axl Rose. The last thing we need is more.

There are plenty of people in music today with an ego bordering on Axl's. Brandon Flowers comes to mind, for one. The bloke from Razorlight's getting close to it. And that's two of the top of my head, without having read any mainstream music magazine in months.

And how does being a cunt to your fans make music more exciting? Personally I find it more exciting when bands and artists do something new and original and are actually polite to their fans, like Final Fantasy, for example. If you think it's a bad thing that musicians can't get away with thinking they're bigger than their music any more, then you really haven't got a clue.

For example, the Black Velvets. They're nobodies. They had one low charting single, they supported Motley Crue for a bit, no one gives a fuck about them. My friend's band supported them in a nightclub in Brighton a while back, and their drummer wouldn't let my friend's band borrow his stool because it was "his throne". Egos are what kills music, not music being "boring and by the books".

If you think music's boring, look for music that ISN'T. There are hundreds of bands out there making genuinely interesting, exciting, original music, just because they aren't handed to you on a plate doesn't mean you have to put up with the shite that is. Open any issue of Plan B, or Zero Tolerance, or pretty much any music magazine other than Metal Hammer, Kerrang! or NME, and you'll find bands that are "exciting".

Music need's less out of the music personalties. We need people with personalities on stage, ones who jump, leap and shout and put everything into their music. Then do it all again the next day.

I've always hated Axl Rose with a passion, I laughed when every third song on Kerrang! would be Paradise City, Sweet Child O' Mine or November Rain constantly. But if people want more moronic twats like this in the music industry, they need help, we need more big bands who will do everything they can to help their supporting acts, it should be the way of the music world.

Edited by IAceI