FA Cup Thread

DFF

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fucking gutted.

It was like playing CM4 with the Supergoalies. Only with beer and peanuts and lots more people.

We dominate the entire game (pretty much), they have ONE SHOT ON TARGET and score. We have fifty two or whatthehellever, but Ben Foster 'plays a ten' and keeps them all out.

Fouls committed, Plymouth: 6. Watford: 96 (does anyone know the actual stats? I feel my exaggerated ones are probably sadly close.

Minutes of time wasted in a semi-comical-if-you're-not-supporting-the-other-team fashion: Plymouth: 4, Watford, 94. Seriously, it was difficult to tell the difference between a Ben Foster goal kick, and the half-time interval at times. Sure, this happens these days... but in the FIFTY SECOND MINUTE? How desperate ARE you? You can tell they're going down, they're scared of losing to fucking Plymouth.

Having said that, it was a brilliant goal, and Chris Foy is like the best referee ever. He should be made to referee every game until he teaches other referees how to do their jobs.

Ben Foster had the sort of game where even I can forgive him for wasting four hours of my life, because he was so fucking good in goal. And Danny Shittu was also immense (in performance as well as stature). Barry Hales was pretty much Barry Hales, and should've had a hat-trick himself, but Sinclair wasn't up to his usual greatness and I still shit myself whenever an opponent gets into our half with Luke McCormick in goal. Not that he's bad now... I just used to go to the games when he was, and can't get them out of my mind. It's scary seeing your Third Division substitute goalkeeper in goal in the Championship, ya know?

Still gutting though. At least Plymouth didn't have a perfectly good goal dissalowed and a player sent off for absolutely no reason other than the higher league side might've lost otherwise, like a certain other Westcountry club.

Edit: Aha, match stats:

Possession: 57/43

Shots on Target: 8/3

Shots off Target: 6/2

Corners: 13/3

Fouls: 10/25!

Unfortunately, there's no official "minutes wasted" stat. Presumably the stopwatch they were using to count it ran out of batteries.

Edited by Farmer Reil

• Admin

Bollocks. Chelsea it is then >_>

:@

You had your chance yesterday :-p

All this means is that when we win the FA Cup, we will have knocked out Arsenal, Chelsea & United to do so, thereby making us the greatest winners ever

:shifty:

RW speaks sense. :shifty:

Either Chelsea or Spurs will be a big ask, but we tonked Everton at thier place with players rested and tacticially got it spot-on to rub Arsenal out of the cup, so no reason why we can't do it again. I think the semi will be at OT iirc.

Out of the two, I think I'd prefer us to play Chelsea. They look suspect at the back, I think our midfield could hold up play against theirs and I imagine they would put out a weaker side than usual as they'll be battling on two bigger fronts by the time the semi final game rolls around. That said, it wouldn't be an easy task, but I just have the feeling that Spurs would roll us over, whereas we'd have a better chance against the Blues.