TNA Impact Trailer

Docpepper

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hardly say it looks beyond amazing based off that video. The graphics look nice, the presentation looks good from the twenty second clip, but there is absolutely nothing in there to show if the game is going to be any good. It's being made by Midway, that alone makes me worry. I'd like to see the full trailer to get some feel of how the game's going to play before I make any judgment.

I would hope that Midway has learned from their mistakes , but still I really enjoyed their wrestling titles. I'd prefer a system like No mercy but that's wishful thinking

It's being made by Midway, that alone makes me worry.

Everyone knows that wrestling has people becoming invincible and on fire after hitting 3 big moves in a row, not to mention those damn big head matches.

Just wait until Jeff Jarrett comes out dressed as Ed Boon, and Sting as Sub-Zero :shifty:

Guest Scamman

I would hope that Midway has learned from their mistakes , but still I really enjoyed their wrestling titles. I'd prefer a system like No mercy but that's wishful thinking

Although it may all be hype, AJ Styles (who has been working closely on production with this game) has said several times that he's a big fan of No Mercy and that iMPACT is gunna have a similar system.

Although it may all be hype, AJ Styles (who has been working closely on production with this game) has said several times that he's a big fan of No Mercy and that iMPACT is gunna have a similar system.

Is it going to be like when Bret Hart worked on WrestleMania the Arcade Game?! That would be awesome. Seriously though, if Styles is like some sort of creative consultant, some of my worries are calmed.

Guest Scamman

I think the addition of a better fan interaction/chant system will be great for the game. Its definettly going to have alot of style and they plan on taking the best of TNA (X-Division, Ultimate X, Six Sides Of Steel) and putting it to good use in the game.

Edited by Scamman

How can anyone say "it looks more than amazing!!111 omg!" when all you see in that entire video, is two entrances and a punch?

It's the atmosphere, it feels like the IMPACT! zone, something a game (for obvious reasons) has yet to capture.

The graphics look solid, but that's a cut scene and not real gamplay so who knows. Anyone have a release date?

Do we know that wasn't actual gameplay? It doesn't look like anything the Xbox 360 couldn't pull off in real time.

I'll reserve proper judgement until I see more of the actual game, but I'm not impressed thus far. I hope it's good, I just haven't seen anything particularly interesting. I had no doubts prior to watching the trailer that Midway are capable of piecing together a watchable 30 second promotional clip. I want to know how well it plays. I have a feeling it'll end up more like Legends Of Wrestling than No Mercy. AJ Styles & Samoa Joe may be giving advice on the game; but seriously - they can't work miracles. They're pro wrestlers for Christ's sake. How do you expect their influence on a computer game to be anything more than nodding and making minor tweaks?