"I'm out to shut down Rockstar"

Laice07

Link:

Click here

Jackson is still alive? According to him, shouldn't he have been killed by a GTA possessed child by now?

haven't watched it yet but I will.if it's anything like his other rambles then it's completely moronic. The ESRB is all that's needed. The rest is up to parents and store owner. If your child wants a game you think might be too violent , then don't buy the damn game(no matter how much they moan,cry,and beg) . If They have a friend that has the game then don't let them have contact with the friend except at school. and Store Owners should only sell games to adults . if a kid comes in and wants a game he'll have to bring a. either both parents with proper identification. or b. the person needs to have their social security card and driver license.

Good parenting is all that is needed . Now-days parents are wanting to let their children go willy nilly as long as they aren't annoying them and etc. and this is when problems happen.

Gaming doesn't cause violence . Bad parenting is responsible imo.

Thompson , Hilary and Lieberman need to back off ;)

Typically good stuff in the interview...

Int: "How do you account for the statistics that as the popularity of video games has gone up, violent crime has dropped?"

JT: "...That's not true."

Int: "The FBI say that violent crimes by teenagers have fallen by half between 1994 and 2004."

JT: "Well they're just not being reported so much."

Int: "Really? After Columbine you don't think there's a sensitivity?"

JT: "Well, not everything is a Columbine situation..."

Int: "Kids get turned in for bringing an aspirin to school these days."

JT: "Uh, sometimes."

Good one Jack, you really had the gaming industry on the ropes there. ¬_¬

I just laugh at Jack now. He goes on and on about how these violent games are corrupting children..what about the parents? How inept are these parents when a videogame is influencing a childs behavior more then their parents?

I don't think it's illegal to sell those sorts of games to kids, just not reccomended. At least in the US.. I think.

From my experience, they wont sell a game rated M to a kid under the age of M (I forget if it's 17 or 18). I remember being denied GTA 3 when I was just one year short of being allowed to purchase it. It probably depends on the store you go to, but I'd imagine most people could lose their jobs if they sold something with gratuitous violence to a youngster.

This is in the US for the record.

Guest Grapehead

Typically good stuff in the interview...

Int: "How do you account for the statistics that as the popularity of video games has gone up, violent crime has dropped?"

JT: "...That's not true."

Int: "The FBI say that violent crimes by teenagers have fallen by half between 1994 and 2004."

JT: "Well they're just not being reported so much."

Int: "Really? After Columbine you don't think there's a sensitivity?"

JT: "Well, not everything is a Columbine situation..."

Int: "Kids get turned in for bringing an aspirin to school these days."

JT: "Uh, sometimes."

Good one Jack, you really had the gaming industry on the ropes there. ¬_¬

What did video games ever do to Jack Thompson? :mellow:

I want you guys to do me a favor. If I ever kill (or get killed by) someone in a kitchen with a knife, lobby to have Clue (or Cluedo <_< ) pulled, saying it promotes murder.

Edited by Santa Mick