Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

ONO

... y'know, I might as well put the books in order of preference. Why not, I'm bored.

1. Goblet of Fire

2. Deathly Hallows

3. Prisoner of Azkaban

4. Chamber of Secrets

5. Half-Blood Prince

6. Sorcerer's Stone

7. Order of the Phoenix

But then, the only one I've read start-to-finish in the past two years is Deathly Hallows, so.

Wow, no love for OOTP?

Harry was at his most annoying in that book (well, Half-Blood Prince during the interminable "hay guys Harry loves Ginny" interludes comes close, but) by a mile. There's good stuff, but my hatred for Emo Goth Harry overcomes it by a mile.

Here's my rankings...

1. Deathly Hallows

2. Prisoner of Azkaban

3. Half-Blood Prince

4. Order of the Phoenix

5. Goblet of Fire

6. Sorcerer's Stone

7. Chamber of Secrets

I dunno, it's hard though. I think that Hallows is the best, but Azkaban has always been a personal favorite of mine. I think that book had the best pacing of all of them, it just had a good feeling to it, I think. After those two, though, the rest of the order doesn't really matter all that much. I like them all pretty much the same, but after reflecting over the past week or so, that's the list I've come up with.

You're dead inside.

Actually, I mostly just enjoy romance subplots that aren't overwhelmingly forced. Harry/Ginny consisted of Ginny making unfunny, obnoxious insults (LOL she called Fleur Phlegm because those two words sound TOTALLY ALIKE) and Harry internally monologuing about how incredibly witty and perfect she is for two or three paragraphs as a result.

Edited by GoGo Yubari

Just finished book seven that time.

Overall, it was an enjoyable series. The first 3 books I didn't care for. Goblet and Order were both great books. Half-Blood Prince was good, but a letdown. Deathly Hallows was pretty good. My personal rankings:

Goblet of Fire: 8/10

Order of the Phoenix: 8/10

Deathly Hallows: 7.5/10

Half-Blood Prince: 7/10

Chamber of Secrets: 6/10

Philosopher's Stone: 5.5/10

Prisoner of Azkaban: 5/10

It was worth reading the mediocrity of the first 3 books to get to the final 4.

Guest tiarnantman

1) Order of the Phoenix

2) Half-Blood Prince

3) Deathly Hallows

4) Prisoner of Azkaban

5) Goblet of Fire

6) Philosopher's Stone

7) Chamber of Secrets

Although they're all great. It's just that the first two seem rather childish now that I reread them. Ollivander's face looked spooky? Come on!

Might as well rank the movies as well...

1) Order of the Phoenix

2) Goblet of Fire

3) Prisoner of Azkaban

4) Philosopher's Stone

5) Chamber of Secrets

And let me be the first to say that 'Magic is Might' was nothing short of terrifying. The whole persecution of muggle-borns was one of the highest points of the book, and believe me, there were a lot of high points.

1) Deathly Hallows

2) Goblet of Fire

3) Half-Blood Prince

4) Prisoner of Azkaban

5) Order of the Phoenix

6) Philosopher's Stone

7) Chamber of Secrets

PoA is a quality book, only missing out on a higher spot because it lacks the real horror of DH (all the death), GoF (Voldemort's return) and HBP (Dumbledore's death). It's got the tightest plot of the lot - everything that happens in the book happens for a reason, and comes to play in the final act. It's brilliant.

Mine would look like this...

1.)Deathly Hallows

2.)Goblet of Fire

3.)Half-Blood Prince

4.)Prisoner of Azkaban

5.)Chamber of Secrets

6.)Order of the Phoenix

7.)Philosopher's Stone

Yes, I really disliked OotP that much, though oddly I enjoyed the movie more than the actual book (which is a rare thing for me).

As for the movies, they'd probably rank like this...

1.)Goblet of Fire

2.)Order of the Phoenix

3.)Prisoner of Azkaban

4.)Chamber of Secrets

5.)Philosopher's Stone

While a lot was left out of (or severely cut down) from GoF and OotP movies, they were still the two most solid and entertaining ones so far. With PoA coming in at a close third due to how it lacked so little (of importance, at least) that the book had originally in it. As well as it was impressive to see it tie up so neatly like it did in the book. (Also I <3 crazy Sirius, that was a fine bit of acting.)

There are a few chapters in Order of the Phoenix like that for me (can't remember what exact chapter numbers they are right now). Mostly the ones where Harry is being a emo twat and angsting over being the "chosen one" and other such mindless tribble. (Yes, I know Voldemort was supposed to be the cause for most of that...but it doesn't change the fact that Harry was a twat and that it was utterly painful to read at times.)

1. Goblet of Fire

2. Half Blood Prince

3. Deathly Hallows (Give me a chance to re-read it a few times and it might get higher)

4. Philosphers Stone

5. Chamber of Secrets

6. Order of the Phoenix - Just for Sirius's death.

7. Prisoner of Azkaban - I dont know why, I just don't like it as much as the rest.