"Chills" at concerts.

Summers

So, what moments (when being at a gig) have you got chills from how amazing the moment is to you?

The biggest, for me, is the entire Metallica set. It was actually the most amazing moment of my life. Coheed & Cambria have also produced chills a couple of times.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't think the Metallica set could get any better, playing all of Master of Puppets in a row.. then they played Die Die My Darling. I've never marked so hard in my life. In fact, fuck it. I'm going to go and buy that set now.

Beastie Boys opened with Egg Man. That was fucking incredible. Such a great song, never gets props in your usual Beastie Boys Best Song discussions, but I love it.

When the giant fucking Eddie walked on stage during the Iron Maiden encore.

When Osaka Popstar came on stage after the Misfits.

When the blood poured from the ceiling during Raining Blood.

The first time Benji from Skindred 'Remixed That Shit'.

When Bonz came on stage during a Fozzy set.

Being there and storming the stage during Violent Delights last show ever.

Man. I fucking love live music.

I didn't think the Metallica set could get any better, playing all of Master of Puppets in a row.. then they played Die Die My Darling. I've never marked so hard in my life. In fact, fuck it. I'm going to go and buy that set now.

On that note, is the set (video or audio, prefredbly video) available on the net for download anywhere? :shifty:

Any time Dragonforce play Heart of a Dragon live.

Which, luckily, is every fucking show (H)

I haven't been to many other live shows :( So that's pretty much it. Except for the Edguy intro music (the music that plays while they come on stage in the dark. Which is also the intro to Mysteria). Not because it's particularly amazing, but it means Edguy are about to perform :P

I'm still annoyed that they were quite average the one time Keith saw them (opening at the Dragonforce gig in London in January), so he thinks they're shit :(

Live music is so incomparable to recorded music (even live albums), it's obscene. I'd love to have been at the gig where S&M was recorded.

Edited by Farmer Reil

Seeing Death Cab For Cutie was the closest I got the being in absolute 'awe' when seeing a band, but there's a few moments when my hairs have really stood up on my neck. At DCFC it'd be when they busted out "Company Calls" (The first chorus I was so excited, class song), "Brothers On A Hotel Bed" and of course "The Sound of Settling".

When the riff kicked in, in "Superman" by Goldfinger, that was pretty fucking special.

When I saw Maiden, the atmosphere was absolutely insane, albeit I knew very few songs.

During Nine Inch Nails' set, they just finished something rather heavy, and all the sound and lights cut out. After a couple of seconds, one light comes on, silhouetting Trent leaning over the keyboard, sweat pouring from his face, as he begins to play "Hurt". Beautiful.

I would have to say the entire Muse gig at Sheffield. The two best moments were "Map of the Problematique" - the screens were just so fascinating to look at (and it agreed with me over a weird idea I had that the song sounded like the colour purple). Then they played "Citizen Erased", my favourite song and the only non-single not from their latest album they played, it was truly amazing.