Pro Evolution 4

Just scored an amazing goal with Del Piero. It was a good 35 yards out and the ball basically dipped towards the end of the shot and just under the keeper who couldn't even move.

Anyway managed to do that rebona shot or whatever it's called? Been trying it for sometime but it can only be done with certain players. If you haven't got a clue as to what I'm on about then check this clip:

How do you do that? That looks awesome.

I get a lot of keepers not moving - it's getting quite annoying. But I scored the best header with Jon Stead, which was nice.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quality game, they just keep getting better and better! It's the little things that I've liked so far. Like seeing the player come off when they're subbed., kits getting dirtier, better celebrations, players wearing gloves, bouncing on there toes when the oppositions kicking off.

Finding it harder to shoot, sometimes they're not as powerfull when they run and shoot but like someone else said, you get used to it. Also like the way the midfield don't get to far forward like on previous games.

I can't wait to play this game, i'm not sure if it is out in the u.k yet but when it is i will probally buy it straight away. I only bought the 1st one and didn't bother with 2 and 3 although i played a demo of 3 and i was impressed

Pro Evolution Soccer over Fifa any day

I got the game yesterday afterall and frankly, I've been playing it ever since. Like someone's allready said, It's the small things that make it great...The polished graphics, the improved animations and not to mention the sleek gamplay. It'll take some getting used to but already this is shaping up to be a great game.

Well I don't Adam and Eve it!

I was Spain:

SCORE:Spain 1-2 Romania

SHOTS ON TARGET: Spain 12-2 Romania

I dominated posession

- Romania's first - a beautiful chipped through put Mutu athrough on goal, and he beat the keeper in a 1 vs. 1 situation.

Naturally I wanted revenge:

SCORE: Spain 0-1 Romania

SHOTS ON TARGET: Spain 7-2 Romania

I had most posession

- Romania's goal - beautiful chipped through put Mutu athrough on goal, and he beat the keeper in a 1 vs. 1 situation.

DAMN MY INABILITY TO DEFEND A CHIPPED THROUGH BALL! DAMN IT TO THE REACHES OF BLOODY HELL!!!

My shooting needs serious work too

Are there gonna be any update disks? Official or unofficial?

Best goal I've scored so far was at a mates house, standard chip after a lovely through ball.

Best part was I was soaking up all the pressure, and hitting him on the break, twice to go two-nil up. Lovely.

Really enjoying the game, but where the hell are striped shirts in edit mode? I want to make a decent looking Newcastle and its just not happening. Plus I cant for the life of me work out how to score a header from a standard single-tap circle cross, they always miss the target. Alan Shearer free header on the six yard box, wide.

Are there gonna be any update disks? Official or unofficial?

Best goal I've scored so far was at a mates house, standard chip after a lovely through ball.

Best part was I was soaking up all the pressure, and hitting him on the break, twice to go two-nil up. Lovely.

I doubt it, but if you buy a max drive or PS2 X-Port then you can update stuff big time. There's quite a few sites that create files so you can use an X-Port to download them to your memory card. It's pretty good if you've got one but they're pretty pricey, usually around 20 quid.

I heard that the creators of that update disc were sued and shops had to stop selling it. I'm tempted to buy a Max Drive from Play but i've heard they can fuck up memory cards.

Just found something on the PES4 board at GameFAQ's. Apparently you can burn a CD which allows you to transfer files to your memory card and you don't need a mod chip. Gonna give it a look.

Edited by King Ellis

I heard that the creators of that update disc were sued and shops had to stop selling it. I'm tempted to buy a Max Drive from Play but i've heard they can fuck up memory cards.

Just found something on the PES4 board at GameFAQ's. Apparently you can burn a CD which allows you to transfer files to your memory card and you don't need a mod chip. Gonna give it a look.

I read that within the last week on the GameFAQ's board. It might be one of those 'pinch of salt' things you tend to read on there but I did just check on the Game site and couldn't find the disc.

SHOOTING TIPS REQUIRED!!!

I am hammering teams, but just not scoring - just had the perfect example, Chelsea vs. Villa. I had so many chances, but just couldnt score, and drew 0-0.

I am creating way more chances then I ever did on Pro Evo 3, but just can't take them. Keepers seem to take up 90% of the net.........

And Colly, I am having the exact same header problem myself

Thank god. I thought it was just me. For shooting just put a bit more power on than you would in Pro Evo 3, the bars are scaled slightly differently. Headers are really really annoying me now, its starting to detract heavily from the game, especially when they were so good in 3.

SHOOTING TIPS REQUIRED!!!

I am hammering teams, but just not scoring - just had the perfect example, Chelsea vs. Villa. I had so many chances, but just couldnt score, and drew 0-0.

I am creating way more chances then I ever did on Pro Evo 3, but just can't take them. Keepers seem to take up 90% of the net.........

And Colly, I am having the exact same header problem myself

Thanks for the tips Johnny.

How do you get the 2nd free-kick player to tap the ball? I can only get him to run and dummy it? Free-kicks are much better on this then they were on PES3 IMO.

Thanks for the tips Johnny.

How do you get the 2nd free-kick player to tap the ball? I can only get him to run and dummy it? Free-kicks are much better on this then they were on PES3 IMO.

Press R3 (the right analouge stick) and he will nudge it out for you to have a shot.