Pro Evolution 4

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's just because I've "grown up" with Fifa, but PES3 kinda sucked when I played it last night with my housemates.

It looks pretty, but it plays like shit. Sliding tackles look like some kind of retarded gymnast doing the splits, and what the fuck is up with the set piece system?

• Admin

Can't wait to pick this up tomorrow. There goes my weekend!

BTW, if any of you have a Max Drive (or an X-Port Drive), I highly recommend picking up the PES Fan Option File. It corrects most of the names, and the kits (including badges & sponsors).

I'll be doing that myself, for some reason I actually enjoy doing it. I'm sending one of my student dosser mates down early with 40 squid to get it for me tomorrow, so it should be waiting when I get home from work. T-minus 20 hours...

If you are talking about Master League then no it is alightly different. When you start you have three choices. You can either start with the usual master league players eg. minanda, espinas etc, you can start with a proper team, e.g you can start with man utd, or you can start with master league players but you can put in any three real players you want which would make it easier for you. After matches some players are given development points and if they get enough their stats will increase and if some old players are old and past it their their stats will gradually decrease. There the main changes that I have experienced so far, but I have only played about five matches.

As for the best player, it is really difficult to tell. You obviously have your world class players like Zidane and Henry, but at the moment it is difficult to tell who is the best player in the game.

Hope I've answered your questions

When you will get it depends on who you use. Some tend to have next day delivery options which cost more but will probably mean you get it thursday or friday.

Whats wrong with the set piece system? Sorry you must be used to FIFA where if your within 40 yards of your opponents goals you HAVE to shoot. FIFA always has been the staple of realism, I recall seeing giant arrows appearing every time I see a free kick taken in real life.

I can't even comprehend the appeal of Fifa...You don't feel like you're in control of the action half of the time, and the other half you're winning 7-3! Forty yard screamers lose their appeal after the fourth in the same game...

Oh whoop-de-do, The Streets are doing the soundtrack, oh whoop-de-do, you can play as Exeter and they have their REAL LIFE KIT! (often from the season before for older teams if Fifa 2004 is anything to go by) and whoop-de-do the players look superimposed into the screen.

PES owners all and that's just the way it is.

I got it today, and it is NOWHERE near as good as Pro Evo 3. I haven't enjoyed my first few games on Pro Fifalution Soccer that much.

The camera seems to be in the right place, but the players are about 1/16th the size they were on Pro Evo 3, meaning you either stick with the camera and sit really close to the tv and squint and just make out which side is which, or you select a closer camera, and lose a sense of seeing the pitch - you only get a section, and guess where other players are.

The graphics look worse to this effect too - when zomed in to extreme range (like a headshot) they are fine, but in normal play, the small nature of players means you can hardly make players out and see who is who, and it seems like head/body/leg animations are blurred together and it just looks horrible. Because you can't tell who is who, you'll go for a long range effort with Lampard, only to find it's Wayne Bridge for example - you can always check the player indicator at the bottom, but that isn't always possible in the heat of the moment - and you could tell by looking on Pro Evo 3.

Also because everything is so small, I could have sworn on two or three occasions a keeper had tipped a shot over the bar, but once zoomed right in, the ball missed the keeper by miles.

The menu screens are fucking awful, and again, everything is too small!!! This will damage my eyes beyond repair in days.

The last FIFA game I played was FIFA 2003, and Konami have re-created it perfectly. This plays exactly like that - in all the ways mentioned above, and in the general way the game feels and plays - tackling is more luck then skill, the way crosses are delivered and attacked, the way passing is done, the entire way shots are shot (every shot either goes right at the keeper, or creeps just wide regardless of where you aim), and look, and the overall feel of the game.

Headers are crap too - I dont think I've won more than 2/3 yet, and the ones i have have all gone miles over and wide regardless of aim.

Passing is worse - Just played a half of a match, and 4/5 passes went nowhere near where I aimed them. Also a player will sprint to a loose ball, then suddenly slow down for no reason allowing an opposition player to steal it.

On a plus side, all the new teams and league's and stuff are cool, and in matches new animations are good, and I really like how full-backs overlap and attack more. Ref's are spot on, and you can tell dribbling and speed stats count for much more now, also you can do some great little touches between players, when the passing system works, which it does every once in a while.

I'll play it more tonight, but I may go back to Pro Evo 3, and may get distracted by Fable later.........

Edited by timmayy

• Admin

Blind people annoy me. Things are better small.

Lucky your girlfriend thinks so to.

In other news, this game is amazing. The feeling of hitting a perfect through ball is something special.

Not to mention some of the sweet touches and turns which all feel so intuitive.

I had a bobbling ball come towards Rooney, who deftly controlled it, flicked it up over his head, then spun and smashed a 25 yard volley into the top corner of the net.

Just magic.

Guest Red Devil

In the morning I was thinking of going into the shops today to get it then i thought it wouldn't be in. An hour before the shop closed i had a sudden change of heart and just went for it becuase i thought i might as well check and low and behold the game was there and i got it.

It's simply the most amazing game that i've ever played. Everything is just so much better then PES3 which i thought couldn't get better but this just eclipsed my expectations. Awesome game.