Your "Supergroup"...

livid

Hmm let me see, supergroups hmm...

Mudhoney, just with a slight change of Flea from the Peppers on Bass (no offense to Matt Lukin) :P

But a true supergroup...

Vocals - Mark Lanegan

Guitar/Vocals - Jerry Cantrell

Bass - Robert DeLeo

Second Guitar - Dean DeLeo

Drums - Matt Cameron

And why am I so greedy on Vocalists and Guitarists? Cause I can :P

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rob Trujillo's a better bassist than Cliff Burton, IMO. He just hasn't been given much opportunity to show that in Metallica, if he's at all involved in the writing process for their next album, then maybe it'll be more apparent there. Listen to his stuff with Infectious Grooves, or even with Jerry Cantrell, he could run rings around Cliff.

The Greatest Rap/Rock Band In The History of the Universe

Vocals/Guitar: Kenji(Dragon Ash)

Vocals/Guitar: Nick Hexum(311)

Bass: Flea(Red Hot Chilli Peppers)

Drums: Tim Alexander(Primus)

DJ: Mix Master Mike(Beastie Boys)

Should be fairly self-explanatory. Nick Hexum and Kenji are both competent guitarists who are excellent at both singing and rhyming, Flea and Mix Master Mike are, well, Flea and Mix Master Mike, and Tim Alexander, I just think he's a really good drummer. I don't pay too much attention to drummers, really.

One of, If Not The, Weirdest Bands In The History of The Universe

Vocals: Busdriver

Guitar: Buckethead

Bass: Les Claypool

Drums: Yoshiki(X Japan)

Les and Buckethead should be obvious, Busdriver is not a rock singer, but infact, a rapper. A very fast, very weird sounding rapper. Yoshiki is the drummer of a Japanese metal band, and I believe he does all of his drumming while high on PCP.

Hmmmm...

Vocals would have loads of people vying for the position. Therefore I would need have three people who could hold a track. For me Bjork's voice is just incredible, Matt Bellamy's is powerfully haunting and Sarah Martin's from Belle and Sebastian is wonderfully beautiful.

My rule was one memeber of an act ONLY.

So then.......

Bjork (vocals)

Matt Bellamy - Muse (lead guitar/vocals)

Sarah Martin - Belle & Sebastian (violin/vocals)

Jón þor - Sigur Ros (guitar/vocals)

Richard D James - Aphex Twin (sequencing)

Fumi - Polysics (bass/vocals/synth)

They'd play haunting, sometimes fun, melodic electro, pop and rock.

Just for the record, one of the members of my super group is dead, but I couldn't have a super group without him.

Vocals: Iggy Pop (The Stooges)

Guitar: Johnny Thunders (with backing vocals) (The Heartbreakers, New York Dolls)

Bass: Dee Dee Ramone (Ramones)

Drums: Johnny Blitz (Dead Boys)

They wont re-invent the wheel, instead they'll fuck you in the ass with a brilliant 77 style punk sound. They'll bring the dirty rock and they'll make sure it's loud, noisy, and offensive to the ears. This would be an amazing group, and easily could have happened in New York during the mid to late 70s.

Vocals: Lee Ving (Fear)

Guitar: Joey Turk (Reagan Youth)

Drums: Casey Royer (Adolescents, D.I.)

Bass: Darryl Jennifer (Bad Brains)

Pretty much a hardcore punk line up, but with some real talent. These four together would really make for an interesting, but agressive sound.

I'd also like to have seen a Black Randy and Frank Zappa collaboration. Black Randy was very much the Frank Zappa of the punk generation, but only managed to record one album. It's unfortunate because he had a knack for great song writing with witty lyrics much in the Zappa mold. Plus the music had a Zappa feel, although it was a bit more wild than the Zappa sound.

I could probably list a ton, but it's hard to keep track of the names of people in the bands I like. Too many to keep track of really.