Worst Trades in History?

Guest muddatrucker

Because Reyes is much worse than Julio Baptista

lol

Have you seen Julio Baptista lately?

He's not exactly playing the best football in the world for Arsenal. To determine that as one of the worst trades ever is absolute preposterous.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ashely Cole for William Gallas.

From a Chelsea point of view, that was shit.

However, if we're including actual transfers instead of part-exchange deals, Newcastle are clearly kings. Marcelino? Maric? Guivarc'h? Titus Bramble for £5m? Boumsoung for £8m?! That's not including the tragedies I'm too young to remember ¬_¬

Aston Villa were desperate to topple them when they spent £7m on Stan Collymore, but nobody has made as many and as consistantly bad buys as Newcastle United :P

Edited by Farmer Reil

Ashely Cole for William Gallas.

From a Chelsea point of view, that was shit.

However, if we're including actual transfers instead of part-exchange deals, Newcastle are clearly kings. Marcelino? Maric? Guivarc'h? Titus Bramble for £5m? Boumsoung for £8m?! That's not including the tragedies I'm too young to remember ¬_¬

Aston Villa were desperate to topple them when they spent £7m on Stan Collymore, but nobody has made as many and as consistantly bad buys as Newcastle United :P

Eli Manning going to New York.

New York got the bad end of the deal with Manning and San Diego were given, Rivers and two draft picks which they used on Turner and Merriman or maybe i twas Sproles and Merriman.

To early to call this one. Sure it's worked out in favor of San Diego, but is New York also not in the playoffs? I wouldn't put it in the worst trades category.

Leeds - £7m for Seth Johnson! The signings of Paul Okon, Roque Junior, all the other players we had the year we went down. I think the fact we spent £100m+ in 4-5 years only to be relegated at the end of it all.

Los Angeles Rams trade RB Jerome Bettis to the Pittsburgh Steelers for a 2nd Round Pick in 1996 and a 4th round pick in 1997.

Those picks were used on...

1996: TE Ernie Conwell (Other players still on the board: Brian Dawkins, Lawyer Milloy, Terrell Owens, Tedy Bruschi, Jon Runyon and Zach Thomas.)

1997: The 97 draft choice was sent to the Jets to help the Rams move up to get Orlando Pace so that's not a bad move...but it's worth noting the Rams drafted their replacement for Bettis in the first round in 1996...

A man by the name of Lawrence Philips.

Eli Manning going to New York.

New York got the bad end of the deal with Manning and San Diego were given, Rivers and two draft picks which they used on Turner and Merriman or maybe i twas Sproles and Merriman.

To early to call this one. Sure it's worked out in favor of San Diego, but is New York also not in the playoffs? I wouldn't put it in the worst trades category.

Pittsburgh trade Markus Näslund to Vancouver for Alek Stojanov.

Worst. Trade. Ever.

Or best trade ever!

The Bertuzzi trades strike me now as really, really awful. First, Todd Bertuzzi, Bryan McCabe, and a first round draft pick were traded to the Canucks for Trevor Linden. Linden goes on to have injury problems with every team he plays for before eventually coming back to Vancouver. McCabe and the pick are both used to help secure the draft picks that net the Sedin twins. Meanwhile, Bertuzzi goes on to become a hundred point scorer, and the Sedins go on to kick all kinds of ass.

When Bertuzzi starts to break down, he gets traded, along with Bryan Allen and Alex Auld, for Lukas Krajicek and Roberto Luongo. Luongo immediately becomes the best goalie the Canucks have ever had and is probably enough to get them to the playoffs again. Krajicek for Allen is wash, both are 3/4 defensemen right now, and both are young. Alex Auld was last seen brawling with Ed Belfour, who is outplaying him at the age of 65. And Todd Bertuzzi? Will retire after next season due to lingering back problems. Canucks are the winners.

Worst. Trade. Ever.

Or best trade ever!

The Bertuzzi trades strike me now as really, really awful. First, Todd Bertuzzi, Bryan McCabe, and a first round draft pick were traded to the Canucks for Trevor Linden. Linden goes on to have injury problems with every team he plays for before eventually coming back to Vancouver. McCabe and the pick are both used to help secure the draft picks that net the Sedin twins. Meanwhile, Bertuzzi goes on to become a hundred point scorer, and the Sedins go on to kick all kinds of ass.

When Bertuzzi starts to break down, he gets traded, along with Bryan Allen and Alex Auld, for Lukas Krajicek and Roberto Luongo. Luongo immediately becomes the best goalie the Canucks have ever had and is probably enough to get them to the playoffs again. Krajicek for Allen is wash, both are 3/4 defensemen right now, and both are young. Alex Auld was last seen brawling with Ed Belfour, who is outplaying him at the age of 65. And Todd Bertuzzi? Will retire after next season due to lingering back problems. Canucks are the winners.

Worst. Trade. Ever.

Or best trade ever!