Club or Country?

hugobomb

Club or Country?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

• Club
    • Country

Club. Stone Cold pretty much summed it up.

England only play once every few months, and only play games that matter for a few weeks every two years.

Rovers are always there.

I'd much rather Rovers got promoted, than England won the World Cup. It'd last longer, and generally mean more to me.

Having said that, I get far more exicted/emotional during the World Cup than I do during the course of a league season. But that's obvious. The World Cup packs an entire seasons worth of emotion into a month.

To Hollonise it, I'd much rather be married to a rather plain, but ultimately loving and caring wife, than have a few one night stands with some hot Playboy girls.

Club, seeing Leeds draw 0-0 to Hull hurt me far more than England losing to Portugal.

The way I see it, everyone is united when England play which is cool, but theres nothing like taking the piss out of your best friend when their team lose 3-0 at home. Clubs are far more personal as in a workplace or school, the teams people support are far more varied as opposed to everyone backing the same team

If I had to choose for who to be succesful, Orient! Its the only way. After getting the taste for glory last season I want it again and again!

If I had to choose who to play for, it would have to be England. It would just be so awesome representing your country on the international stage.

Club, by a mile. My emotional connection with the England national team has decreased rapidly since the World Cup, mainly because it's full of overpaid, overrated prima donnas who aren't fit to wear the shirt. On the other hand, my emotional connection with Darlington continues to grow, no matter how shit we are.

Country, for me. But being Australian certainly helps in that respect, since our local club scene is still very much in its infancy and I don't have an English club that is significantly weakened by Australian selections anymore. Maybe when Leeds were in the Premier League and had Viduka & Kewell on the books.

If I had to choose for who to be succesful, Orient! Its the only way. After getting the taste for glory last season I want it again and again!

If I had to choose who to play for, it would have to be England. It would just be so awesome representing your country on the international stage.

Yeah, Myke has my answer sown up. I'd like to see my club win ahead of England, but would much prefer the chance to play for England.

• 2 weeks later...

probaly both, but I am leaning more to club-love, because right now i will still support feyenoord in this very bad time for them, stupid UEFA, kicking us out of the uefa cup, I was looking forward to feyenoord vs. spurs. It wast the fault of Feyenoord, the rebels could not buy the tickets through the away system by feyenoord, because they were banned here. But they drive to France, and Feyenoord warned nancy, and they could go to supermarkets a half hour before the match and buy tickets? hmm still i hate uefa at the moment

Mm.. yeah I can talk to you about that being a Feyenoord fan :(

Hooligans ruined the lot for us :(

First I couldn´t go to the game now the game ain´t happening at all :(

PS. I voted country