That's Not Funny

zero

Hell, I don't think I can name 1 show (that went at least 2 seasons) that didn't have a bad episode.

I much prefer British humour, but never understood while Little Britain is talked up so much. They seem to think a a fat guy wearing a skirt and wearing g-string is solid gold.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell, I don't think I can name 1 show (that went at least 2 seasons) that didn't have a bad episode.

I much prefer British humour, but never understood while Little Britain is talked up so much. They seem to think a a fat guy wearing a skirt and wearing g-string is solid gold.

Except, you know, that's not the joke.

I'm going to say Parodies made since 2000 have not been funny. Classic ones like Blazing Saddles, Airplane, The Naked Gun and Space Balls were all brilliant and funny, all the new like Scary Movie type spoof have been crappy and the writing is just lazy.
Edited by Iain76er

The Wayan's brothers suck ass. A parody film shouldn't be just a direct COPY of whatever it's parodying. Their parodies are so specific that there's no room for the jokes, they're just direct copies.

And Little Britain can be funny, but it definately took a dip in quality after the first series. Definately not worth that "Greatest Sketch Show Ever" award it won a few years ago.

It's a lazy sketch show. Same ideas EVERY week. Same JOKES every week. Continuous characters are fine, but the same punchline? Ugh.

The best sketches were only around in the first series - the Grammar School and the Scottish Hotelier with the penny whistle.

Still, all BBC comedies have been horribly average.

Titty Bang Bang is about 5% funny. Little Miss Jocelyn does have moments of actual hilarity but they're drowned under the toilet attendant sketches.

The worst part of parody movies nowadays is that they generally don't have a plot. What made Blazing Saddles, Spaceballs, and Robin Hood Men in Tights great (apart from Mel Brooks being a fucking genius) was that there was a redeeming story. Blazing Saddles isn't just satire, it's fucking social commentary! The movies nowadays don't even try to slap a plot together and even take pride in it. (NATM in particular made it clear that it was just a series of stock characters -- ugh.)

Airplane, Hot Shots, and Naked Gun show that the Zuckers own your soul.