Recommend me books

GA!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have too many books to read right now.

I'm in the middle of Rat Bastards, which is about John "Red" Shea, a member of the Irish Mafia in Boston. He worked for a guy named Whitey Bulger, it's a good so far. It's good for those of you into books involving true crime, and mafia related stories.

I'm about a quarter of the way into Hells Angels, but don't often find time to read it.

I bought Irvine Welsh's Acid House because it was 1.99 at the Salvation Army.

My girlfriend bought me Beer, Blood, and Cornmeal for Valentines Day, which is the story of Really Strange Wrestling. I was intrigued by it due to the fact that Jello Biafra endorsed it, and that the Dickies and Dwarves played sets during their shows.

Yesterday I bought a book called Wasteland, which is a series of stories dealing with a post apocalyptic world.

I also still didn't finish World War Z, which I was half way through before moving on to another book. I really need to finish this book after Rat Bastards.

The Making of Jack Falcone by Jack Garcia. Its a story about how he went undercover in the Gambino crime family and helped to bust alot of mobsters. It also has a few interesting stories about other undercover assignments he was on..a very good read

My girlfriend bought me Beer, Blood, and Cornmeal for Valentines Day, which is the story of Really Strange Wrestling. I was intrigued by it due to the fact that Jello Biafra endorsed it, and that the Dickies and Dwarves played sets during their shows.

I've been after that for bloody ages, let me know what it's like.

• 3 weeks later...

Just finished The Abstinence Teacher by Tom Perotta and America Unchained by Dave Gorman. I read four out of the five short stories in If You Liked School, You'll Love Work by Irvine Welsh but the last one is written in a Scottish accent and it got tedious after one page.

Now gotta read Richard Price - The Wanderers and You Only Live Twice :D

God damn it. My university has a book sale near the end of every semester, which paperbacks only 3 bucks and hardcovers about 5. Every time, I end up buying a shitload. On the bright side, I'll be able to keep this thread alive on my own if I ever find some time to read between essays.