WWE Smackdown: Shut Your Mouth!

apsham

I bought Just Bring It over the summer for $4 just to complete my Smackdown game collection(I own all of them from WWF Smackdown on the PS1 to WWE Smackdown vs RAW 07 on the 360).

Every once and a while I will pull an older game out, Smackdown 2 is so fun to play, especially the career that is so seemingly random

I think it was HCTP that I was Stevie Richards and in my first match I had to face Goldberg. What a squash.

Smackdown 2 was excellent, a friend of mine and I used to sit in the basement and play it all the time but the all time greatest wrestling game of all time...

WCW Backstage Assault!

David Flair > *

Smackdown 2 had the greatest season mode ever. It was endless and just utterly nonsensical. I loved it.

The create-a-PPV mode in the game was ace too, much better then the recent versions.

Smackdown 2 is the ultimate. Missed so much high school because of it. My mate and I would just go home at lunch, and play like hour long TLC's and the like. We had it, like, almost permanently hired out of the video store, until I realized that I had spent double the money it would cost to buy it by hiring it.

Shamp, I guess your only hope for SmackDown 2 is to search on E-Bay and Amazon, I'm sure you'll find it there for outrageous prices.

Anyway Smackdown: Know Your Role :wub:

EDIT: Here are the links on E-Bay.

SMACKDOWN

Know Your Role

Edited by Planet Earthquake

Just Bring It was just dissapointing!, first Smackdown! game in the PS2 and we get a one month season mode...

To be fair though it did offer a less linear play through, what with being able to go after different titles which is probably one of the few parts of it that can be looked back fondly on now that we're down to just fighting for World Titles.

Expanding on that, Pre-Season on Smackdown 1 was interesting too. What with being able to pick up things that affect your character like becoming friends with certain people, gaining speciality matches etc.

Basically this is just a thinly veiled attack on the season modes we have to take part in nowadays. I'd much prefer to be able to move around backstage trying to form alliances and assault people I don't like than just be stuck on a path and never be able to deviate from it.

Pre-Season got a bit naff after a while, but it was fun to begin with. Especially when you got guys like Stevie Richards giving you hints and it's like...what have you got to offer me? You're not even in this game! And you could set your character to be a "Don Juan". I don't think that kind of thing actually changed anything. And you couldn't go back and change your entrance movie once you'd set it, could you? So my CAW ended up permanently stuck with Debra's >_<

Smackdown 2's season was the fucking ultimate. That never-ending and random generation, coupled with the occassional full-fledged storyline a la SDvsRAW2k7 thrown in, would be awesome. Especially if it still involved the odd Essa Rios PPV main event.

Man, I forgot how awesome that SD 2 season mode was. You had the World, IC, Euro, Hardcore, Tag, Lightweight, and Women's division. With such a large roster, you could easily fill all of those divisions and make things interesting. On top of that, you could practically add as many of your CAW's as you wanted, and they'd be involved in storylines. Hell, most of my CAW's were consistent winners in their respective divisions.

I'd take that old season mode in a heartbeat over the stupid bait and switch storylines we get nowadays in Smackdown games.

I loved putting Val Venis, Taz, and Edge in my World Title hunt. I also loved that I could completely take guys out of the season mode (good bye Too Cool).

And what a fucking roster. The Radicals, Edge and Christian, Jericho, Taz, Essa Rios, Funaki, Taka, DX (including Shawn Michaels), man oh man.

SD 2 rocked. They should just re-make SD 2, keeping the roster and season mode while adding the new grapple system, hot spots, and crowd fighting that they put in 07. And a few legends sprinkled in. I know, wont happen.

My only gripe with SD 2's season mode is that it seemingly took forever to work your way to a title shot. Still, I could live with that because the game rocked.

Man, I used to play Smackdown 2 like every day with my friends. One of the coolest parts was if you put your CAW in DX, once in a while after a match it would go to a cutscene where you, Triple H, and someone else were beating down your opponent, then Triple H would Pedigree him onto a steel chair. The first time I saw that I thought it was the coolest thing ever.

Also, was that the game where Big Show would randomly be an entrant in Royal Rumbles despite not actually being in the game?

Another thing I loved in Smackdown 2 was if you did the Slobberknocker, you'd end up facing guys you hadn't unlocked yet. I used to mark out so much seeing Pete Gas at ringside >_<