The Mafia Discussion Thread

5 minutes ago, nihilist said:

Aside from the meta-gaming issue, @Neil_1113, you did insult some other players, especially @NaiTEOL de la reversión, which in any game scenario is not acceptable. 

More generally, if boundaries are laid down at the beginning of the game, then we all know where we stand and how to play. 

Nah don't worry guys, Neil just PMed me to let me know that actually he didn't insult me and anyone who says he did is just wrong. He's learned his lesson.

3 minutes ago, Neil_1113 said:

Were there more? If I didn't address that, then I'd like to!

On 16/10/2020 at 21:52, DYSI said:

Plus you don't have to be a condescending asshole while playing @Neil_1113

On 15/10/2020 at 16:58, RPS said:

Fuck this type of post. Don't be a fucking asshole in a game of mafia. 

Anything to say regarding these posts that were directed at you long before you and I ever interacted?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Neil_1113 said:

At no point did I have any personal feelings toward anyone in the game, nor did I respond personally.

Were there more? If I didn't address that, then I'd like to!

I would have to go back through the thread to check but I don't really want to at the moment. 

I think the key is to bear in mind that:

a. people can get emotionally invested in games, especially Mafia games. 

b. it's the Internet, and written text can be interpreted any which way. 

• Like 1

I wasn't offended by your comment towards me Neil. I sort of get what you're saying in retrospect. I don't think I'm a particularly strong mafia player.

But I also think sometimes people take the games way too seriously. I love playing with people like RPS and in this last game C-MIL. 

Neil, I will say that I think you're comment in this thread is perhaps the most frustrating thing I've seen from you. Saying "Sounds like you have a lot more problems in real life going on" is pretty rude. 

5 minutes ago, NaiTEOL de la reversión said:

Nah don't worry guys, Neil just PMed me to let me know that actually he didn't insult me and anyone who says he did is just wrong. He's learned his lesson.

Anything to say regarding these posts that were directed at you long before you and I ever interacted?

I literally apologized to you, in the message. Don't be that guy TEOL. 😂 I messaged you privately for a reason, talk to me there. As for DYSI, I'm under the impression I addressed that when I apologized for it directly after, albeit I cannot recall exactly what that was in reference to at this time. RPS I really assumed was scum, and that was completely and irrevocably my fault and you're right, I didn't apologize for that. @RPS I am terribly sorry for my posts to you, and all of the offense that came with it. There was no place in Mafia for that, I was being a hard ass and zeroed in on you, and it admittedly was offensive at times. I'm sorry for that.

1 minute ago, Mx. Canadian Destroyer said:

I wasn't offended by your comment towards me Neil. I sort of get what you're saying in retrospect. I don't think I'm a particularly strong mafia player.

But I also think sometimes people take the games way too seriously. I love playing with people like RPS and in this last game C-MIL. 

Neil, I will say that I think you're comment in this thread is perhaps the most frustrating thing I've seen from you. Saying "Sounds like you have a lot more problems in real life going on" is pretty rude. 

It was admittedly an undercutting statement to invalidate him due to his continuation of referencing me despite my clear intentions of having no desire to continue the conversation after he cried that it was all personal despite my statements that it wasn't. I apologize @NaiTEOL de la reversión for that, it was rude and out of place.

1 minute ago, Neil_1113 said:

I literally apologized to you, in the message. Don't be that guy TEOL. 😂 I messaged you privately for a reason, talk to me there. As for DYSI, I'm under the impression I addressed that when I apologized for it directly after, albeit I cannot recall exactly what that was in reference to at this time. RPS I really assumed was scum, and that was completely and irrevocably my fault and you're right, I didn't apologize for that. @RPS I am terribly sorry for my posts to you, and all of the offense that came with it. There was no place in Mafia for that, I was being a hard ass and zeroed in on you, and it admittedly was offensive at times. I'm sorry for that.

I will admit that you do seem to finally understanding what people are talking about, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that, but to reiterate: intentionally being offensive to people because you think it'll give you an advantage is not OK, and saying 'lol sorry it was just a game' afterwards does not magically make everything better. If it's not OK outside a game of mafia, it's not OK in one.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mx. Canadian Destroyer said:

That's where I'm coming from it. The amount of lines I've seen of 'that's bad play', 'why would you do that', 'are you trying' etc are stupid when you don't know the ins and outs of someone's role or why they're playing that way. This one's done me with the amount of superiority complexes we've had in a game where we've lynched one scum player, and even that was through an investigation!

Question why people have done things, but to assume players know everything about why someone has acted in a certain way is quite off putting

• Like 3

Just now, NaiTEOL de la reversión said:

I will admit that you do seem to finally understanding what people are talking about, so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that, but to reiterate: intentionally being offensive to people because you think it'll give you an advantage is not OK, and saying 'lol sorry it was just a game' afterwards does not magically make everything better. If it's not OK outside a game of mafia, it's not OK in one.

You should hear some of the trash talk we say on the basketball court...

But I hear you. My play style definitely needs some tweaking and I'll be making those adjustments before the next game, I can assure you of that. However my sharp tongue and quick witted insults will take some effort to do away with. 😂

5 minutes ago, Neil_1113 said:

I literally apologized to you, in the message. Don't be that guy TEOL. 😂

21 minutes ago, Neil_1113 said:

If you're in reference to me calling your play lazy, it absolutely was to me and I'd call it that 10/10 times. In fact, in less terms, you were addressed multiple times for your lack by multiple people. As I stated in the thread, I don't think you're lazy, and I don't know you well enough to have that opinion if I did.

No yeah I really feel that apology coming through dude, maybe a bit buried beneath the surface though don't you think?

6 minutes ago, Neil_1113 said:

It was admittedly an undercutting statement to invalidate him due to his continuation of referencing me despite my clear intentions of having no desire to continue the conversation after he cried that it was all personal despite my statements that it wasn't. I apologize @NaiTEOL de la reversión for that, it was rude and out of place.

Jesus christ stop trying to apologise, you are unable to do so without undercutting it and saying you don't think you did anything wrong.

4 minutes ago, NaiTEOL de la reversión said:

No yeah I really feel that apology coming through dude, maybe a bit buried beneath the surface though don't you think?

Jesus christ stop trying to apologise, you are unable to do so without undercutting it and saying you don't think you did anything wrong.

This is why I messaged you, so we didn't go back and forth on the forums. I am sorry, I understand that my play style and the words I chose were offensive and wrong and will make adjustments for future mafia games. I understand that backgrounds are different, people take things differently and I did not account for my audience with the things I wrote and said. I understand that I need to adjust accordingly and I will, in order to make it a more pleasant game when I'm in it. I understand I offended people unnecessarily and was wrong for it, and I apologize.

Whilst I think it's a shame that we've had a few issues in the latest game, I'm glad that it looks like we're all talking through ways that we can improve multiple facets of it to improve things for everyone moving forward. I've really enjoyed the renaissance of Mafia on here, it's helped me get through these tougher months. :)

• Like 3

No offense to any of the posts made towards me, whatsoever @Neil_1113. I don't mind a little bit of sass and insults thrown my way. I play mafia at a 100mph and know that sometimes can rub people the wrong way because my play looks erratic. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, DFF said:

Whilst I think it's a shame that we've had a few issues in the latest game, I'm glad that it looks like we're all talking through ways that we can improve multiple facets of it to improve things for everyone moving forward. I've really enjoyed the renaissance of Mafia on here, it's helped me get through these tougher months. :)

It's like the werewolves are a metaphor for the darkness in our hearts, and the only way to win is through the power of friendship. 

...I'll show myself out.

• Haha 3