The Mafia Discussion Thread

The minute his defense became "prove it" he should have been canned...

Wouldn't have mattered, unlynchable. The only reason I decided to defnend myself in the end was to see if there was a vig. That's why I went with claiming vig, because then I'd know. Clearly the vig was already dead, because no one came forward.

I have no idea what alignment LCS was but given how kills were flying around Night 1 combined with my ability to survive a NK/lynch I just wanted to cause as much mayhem as possible. Of course, there was one other indy running around so the game would have been fun.

Wouldn't have mattered, unlynchable. The only reason I decided to defnend myself in the end was to see if there was a vig. That's why I went with claiming vig, because then I'd know. Clearly the vig was already dead, because no one came forward

No. I read this and this made you way more scummier than Split and if the night phase had gone ahead, I would've targeted you and claimed Vig. Of course the vig would've tried to take me out but I could survive a NK so that would've worked in my favor.

Edited by nabeel

If DMN did try to kill Split that night, he would have died. That said, although Forky's right that 'prove it' should have been automatic bandwagon, the fact that DMN came back from that and had people believing him says it was a good defense.

I really suspected DMN but then i became more suspicious by LCS not saying anything that was one of the things i think threw people including myself of you for the time being but yeh the Prove It thing was a big motivator in why i voted for you in the 1st place. The only logical thought i did with me being able to target people and kill them was Norro and it did seem to work, Eddie well i just targeted him for a lol really just random name.

But you did very well DMN to wrangle yourway out of a sticky situation :)

With the information I had (that the protector was dead), killing Split and claiming set-up was a viable plan. Its clear now that it wouldn't have worked, but I couldn't accounted for getting killed killing Split, so I don't think it really makes it a bad plan.

As for your idea, nabeel, that's fine if you just want to cause mayhem, but I can bet you'd get called on your claim. People would want to know why you didn't come out during the day phase, why you risked waiting. Probably puzza.

As for LCS, he was town, and we assumed he was powerful. I don't know the canon, but Norro did, and the plan was to steal his power, then kill him, like we did with Ellis.

I was Rollo T... I only loved my role so much because it required me to post a fat joke about a single player in the thread during each day phase. Then that night said player would join me on my podcast and I would figure out who they were.

Obviously Day One I had to go with Ruki and I also found out his role very early in the game...

Was there anyone not in the game who didn't know who Ruki was after Night 1?

Yeah I think my role was handpicked. I was That Aussie Guy, and I basically had to find 4/5 people, and when I found them all we became a scum group.

I was the one who tried to recruit Ruki night one and D-Extreme night two cause he seemed like an angry person and one of the roles was an Angry person. I was wrong.

I was an individually alligned mad scientist.

At any point during the game, I could open up a time portal and take two players with me.

You wouldn't have been able to vote for, or nightkill me for 3 complete days.

Also the two players I take with me, may not come back.

My plan was to keep my nose clean until there were about 8 players left, activate my power and hopefully by the time I come back, nobody would have the numbers to get rid of me and I'd win by default.

Gonna try something different with my mafia game. Image-basing the game is a bit odd, but I do like the result. Hopefully no-one involved minds, I don't want to step on any toes but to get the full effect of what I was going for I felt like using images would be fun and the best thing to do visually.

My defense was good enough to get people to unvote, and that's all I needed. Like I said, as long as one other member of our mafiawas alive (we had no don, we chose who got what at the start), I was unlynchable.

Man, I was scummy as shit and you had me dead to rights. I took a big risk claiming the Norro kill, but the real vig must have been dead.

No I wasnt dead and you were always going to be my next target.

Edited by Molly

Yeah I think my role was handpicked. I was That Aussie Guy, and I basically had to find 4/5 people, and when I found them all we became a scum group.

D-Extreme night two cause he seemed like an angry person and one of the roles was an Angry person. I was wrong.

That was me

I'm sorry, but that's a horrible fucking play. You didn't know I was unlynchable, and had the ability to come in and seal my fate. Instead, you opt to wait, at which time ANYTHING can happen. You can get blocked. I could get protected. You could get killed.

If you have information that will put away scum, you come out and say it. The town has the number advantage, trading your life for a scum is a GOOD play. Surviving is overrated, both scum and town win as a team. You should have called me on my vig claim IMMEDIATELY.

I'm sorry, but that's a horrible fucking play. You didn't know I was unlynchable, and had the ability to come in and seal my fate. Instead, you opt to wait, at which time ANYTHING can happen. You can get blocked. I could get protected. You could get killed.

If you have information that will put away scum, you come out and say it. The town has the number advantage, trading your life for a scum is a GOOD play. Surviving is overrated, both scum and town win as a team. You should have called me on my vig claim IMMEDIATELY.

Or killed you during the night and kept her kill.....man sometimes I wonder about your play....

No guarantee he was don and night protected, Forky. It was a risky play that would have paid off huge for Molly, but in other circumstances there are always the possibilities of someone doing that knowing that they're untouchable. A nearly-outed don has nothing to lose and is more apt to make big gambles. If Molly held that info, went to kill DMN, and DMN was untouchable... no damage done against him, especially if he happens to send the kill in her direction.

Alternatively, the point was made that Molly could have for all intents and purposes been targeted and killed before ever touching DMN, leaving him with a crystal clean vig claim for the rest of the game because she didn't come out to call him out on it.

That all being said, it's about how the person feels comfortable with their play. Molly clearly felt comfortable with the risk, and it would have worked in her favor as I doubt our group was going to target her any time soon. Different circumstances and that decision would have been a horrible one, but in that case it would have worked gloriously.

Always depends on the circumstance.

So your group could kill me, the next night phase and the town loses a powerful weapon?

There have been times when I have come out with a result right away but I weighed up the pros and cons and it made more sense to keep my cards close to my chest this time. I knew I was an unlikely target for either a nightkill or roleblocking and it was worth not calling you out during the day to get a free shot at you during the night.

If I had have failed, in my attempt to nightkill you, I may have then come forward the next day but not before the day phase had progressed a bit and you'd first told us who you had supposedly targeted last night and why the kill hadn't gone through, so even though your group would have then offed me that night there would be information for the town to go on for later.

That all being said, it's about how the person feels comfortable with their play. Molly clearly felt comfortable with the risk, and it would have worked in her favor as I doubt our group was going to target her any time soon. Different circumstances and that decision would have been a horrible one, but in that case it would have worked gloriously.

Always depends on the circumstance.

I'd agree with Norro.

Risky play for many but like you said, she was unlikely to be targeted by your group anytime soon.

If somebody like TEOL had tried this, I would have thought it a very dangerous play and probably not worth the risk.

I'd already set up claiming that I didn't use my ability. You would likely have got me that night, making the whole thing null, but you would never have gotten me lynched the next day. You would have to explain why you didn't come forward the day before, and you'd be up against a top level bullshitter in me. Tough road to hoe.

More than anything, I just hate the idea that 'surviving makes you a better player'. No, good players get night killed. Bad players get lynched, and people who aren't threats survive. Surviving lots of games doesn't mean your a hgood player, it means your NOT.