The Mafia Discussion Thread

... whoops, yeah, he is. Mixed him up with another player there for a moment. HTTK is still alive though! Marcos will be overjoyed.

Sousa, I can put you next on the go-to list for replacements if you'd like.

I think the worst play that gets repeated in every game is the townie whose continued presence distracts the town from lining up scum being selfish and trying to survive. You're in the game to win, help the town win. If anything, act scummy, fake a breakdown get yourself lynched and let the town see clearly.

Things that mitigate this:

- Having an actual awesome role (as in doc or cop, not something you like, AND ESPECIALLY NOT YOUR FAVOURITE CHARACTER FROM BIG BANG THEORY MAFIA OR WHATEVER. GAH. FUCK.)

- It is endgame

This is something I have picked up from my Mafia experiences as a player and game runner up to before Naruto Mafia started (as in, nothing I have said is applicable to that game. This means you, meta gaming man hoping that I might post something here hoping you don't see it.)

Basically, people want everybody else to think they're good at this game. If you get lynched, you're not good at this game. Therefore getting lynched is a failure.

(I do not agree with point 2 or point 3, but they proceed logically from point 1 on this board.)

I agree with your statement that this is how things are seen.

I've been more than willing to sacrifice myself for being wrong in the past - as I have been sure in my reads (sometimes they're right and sometimes they're wrong) because at the end of the day, if I am a non-doc, non-cop townie then I should be using my ability to help my team win...

I almost think..no, I do think that the mafia survival standings promote selfish play in this sense...what are others' thoughts in this regard?

Don't worry about it.

I don't think the survival standings promote selfish town play. Then again, I couldn't tell you who tops that list or where I fall on it either. I guess if people attach a value to their ranking there, but I don't see anybody doing that. I've never seen somebody argue that so-and-so's a good player because they're high on that list.

If you want to remain alive in games (which you do or else you wouldn't have joined) it's best to let others do the work; the more you talk, the sooner you die seems to be a recurring theme because lynches on inactives are a bitch to push through and mobsters are content to take out the loudmouths & trust their lynch controlling fate to the people that don't show up much.

I remember NBA mafia, was so proud of my effort.

Had read through the whole thread, looked at who hadn't said much and what people had said.

Convinced Blaze was mafia and blocked him.

There was no kill that night.

The town then lynched me the next day, while I was asleep.

Fekk towns. thumbsdown.gif

Ah yes, NBA Mafia. Where I spent an hour or 2 going back through the thread and getting as much info as possible to help the town.

Then I was killed that night.

Always a good sign I'm playing a good game <_<

Working tomorrow to cover for a coworker because she's graduating. Update for VGCM won't be up until tomorrow night. Sorry for the delays to those involved, I've been having an unusually busy schedule as of late.