The Mafia Discussion Thread

I haven't set a deadline yet. However, seeing as those people that haven't sent in their deadlines have been online since the beginning of the night, I'm just making sure that they don't wanna' use their abilities beforehand. I'll remember to set a deadline next time, though.

Set your deadlines when the night begins. Stick with them. If you spend all of your time waiting on actions, your game is going to stall. Simple as that.

And if you're not getting PMs, then people probably aren't acting. Sometimes it happens, especially for vigs, roleblockers, and other potential town-damaging roles. Some people use these actions with discretion.

Edited by Sousa

I talked to him earlier. Still waiting on actions.

Fucking...

...DEADLINES, PEOPLE.

You would think we wouldn't have to run this basic idea of running a game into people's heads, but here we are.

When I set deadlines, I expect people to follow them. I don't typically give extensions unless I myself am abruptly unable to meet the deadline I've set, in which case I'd consider it a blessing for those unable to make their PMs in before the original deadline. But once I'm ready to get the update together and posted, if I don't have certain people's abilities in, I just skip them and let the phase happen without them, regardless of whether they're town, indy, mob, whatever.

Deadlines should be clearly and concisely posted in the updates of the game thread so that everyone can see them. Generally speaking, there is very little post-lynch discussion in games, so it's not like the update is getting lost in a mass of conversation. If you're playing the game, you should be playing by the deadlines.

It seems that I die early in the games that I most enjoy... Zan's Mafia games, and now Pixar. *sigh* The only reason I won't die when Mel Brooks Mafia rolls around is that I'll be running it...

It seems that I die early in the games that I most enjoy... Zan's Mafia games, and now Pixar. *sigh* The only reason I won't die when Mel Brooks Mafia rolls around is that I'll be running it...

That can be arranged :D You can take my place in pixar if Ben allows ya :)

Check out the pixar mafia signup thread for more details.

I'm not sure how kosher that is. Besides, I got shot down the first night. What makes you think I won't just get taken out again? And Ego, I know nothing about Special 1, and don't quite get British culture. So I would have been totally useless. Good on the town that they won that one, though.

Hey, Sous, looks like you're in Pixar Mafia. D-Ex has opted to drop out. Nick is now the last resort reserve, whereby he comes in only if no one else wants to play, as I don't really feel comfortable bringing in a player who's already died, no matter how many times it's happened in other games.

Also, Welcome, Sous, Pixar Animations Mafia :w00t:

For my players in VGCM, just letting you guys know that the update goes up tonight. Sorry for the delay, my assistant manager caught strep throat or something, all I know is that I've been having to fill in for a lot of time at work these past two days so haven't really had the chance at getting the update done.