The Mafia Discussion Thread

I'd say he'd get Ruki, yeah. That's his target, whether or not he achieved his objective. I reckon it depends on the nature of the roleblocker though. I think that'd depend on the flavor, but yeah... and damn, that'd be a mess for the town if the scum decided to flake on the kill.

Suppose there's a tracker, roleblocker, and cop in one game. The cop tries to target Ruki, the tracker tries to target the cop, but the cop gets roleblocked. Does the tracker get Ruki or nothing back?

I would say the tracker gets nothing back. Or that the cop was blocked. But probably nothing.

Tracker follows somebody to see whose house they enter in the literal version of Mafia. If they can't go into anybody's house (so to speak), then they don't get a result.

That's following the letter of the law. I think it would be more in keeping with the role's intention if the tracker still got the Ruki result.

On a sidenote, if Ruki becomes the example for every hypothetical we come up with, it will be awesome/horrifying.

So just a general question/musing: When you've been eliminated from a mafia you were playing, do you generally still look at the thread and keep track of what's going on? do you wait until the endgame and the post game wrap-up? Or do you just forget about it and move on.

I ask because I find myself wondering what's going on in games that I'm dead in and checking back in with them frequently, but I notice that doesn't always seem to be the case.

I'm of two minds. I like to pop in and see whats happening, but generally I try and focus on the ones I'm active in.

I did see the end of mafiaville though, and still sit here shaking my head out of pure disbelief that Cloudy bought Ego's BS.

I usually wait for the post game to see if I was right about something I should have pursued and maybe try to change strategy depending on that. I tend to get lost in things if I die early and still try to keep track of it.

I give up when I die. For the most part. For some reason I keep going back to Divine Comedy, but I guess it's because I lasted for a while and there isn't that much discussion to keep up with, coupled with me not being in many other games, coupled with the game(s) I'm in being rather slow at present.

Just a reminder to get your Night Actions in if you haven't. You've got 24 hours from the time of this post to send them in, gentlemen / ladies.

Yeah, this is why nothing I haven't done anything with Pixar yet, C-MIL. I've grown impatient, though, so they got a day left.