The Mafia Discussion Thread

My point was that I can work with anyone on my team except for MPH.

I've said you played well more than once in that RW Batman game where we had the game all but won until Be came in as a substitute and we got dinged by a lie detector at the very end. I said you would have been my choice for MVP in Mass Effect if you'd read your PM properly and realized you were a daykiller the first day. I gave credit to everyone who survived in GRIMDARK because it would have been easy to lynch me and they didn't. Dexter's town on the other hand was awful. I'm pretty fair with my assessment of other people/teams, but if you choose to ignore the positives and focus on the negatives that's fine.

Your negatives and self hype seem to outweigh the positives, but whatever. You're a good mafia player, and I like being scum with you. Mass Effect was the most fun I've had in a game in a long time. It's just you come across quite egotistical, and I don't think you need to be; because, a fair bit of the time, your play speaks for itself.

I've already made it clear I'm not going to play games that you're involved in. It's the easiest way to avoid pointless BS ruining a game. Staging arguments with someone I'm aligned with isn't a valid style of play for me. If you want to attack my play or have info on me in a game and want to try to get me lynched or killed, go for it. If you're going to ignore the game and just proceed to throw personal shit at me yet again, what's the point? One game where it happens would be an isolated incident. But when there have already been at least 2 and plenty of other games that could have gone there, it's not you trying to hit a win condition.

Guest mr. potato head

I've already made it clear I'm not going to play games that you're involved in. It's the easiest way to avoid pointless BS ruining a game. Staging arguments with someone I'm aligned with isn't a valid style of play for me. If you want to attack my play or have info on me in a game and want to try to get me lynched or killed, go for it. If you're going to ignore the game and just proceed to throw personal shit at me yet again, what's the point? One game where it happens would be an isolated incident. But when there have already been at least 2 and plenty of other games that could have gone there, it's not you trying to hit a win condition.

Every single time has been related to your play. It's maybe snowballed from there, but I have reasonable grounds to suspect you in Nick's game, and I had reasonable grounds to pretend to suspect you in GRIMDARK.

I've not been playing here for long which is why I have avoided the HOF thing. But DFF always seems to strike me as a bit underrated in the games I have played with him.

I remember the days of Josh playing mafia. Never played with him here, but I have played enough games with him to know how good he can be.

And Pizza is probably one of the most challenging guys to read I have ever played with.

:wub:

I do remember Sousa and I having a fuckton of fun messing with Stoker in West Wing Mafia, and winning from some ridiculous position like 7 or 8 on 2 or something. That was fun, and will always cement Sousa as one of my favourite players. He's such a cunning bastard.

I hate being on the opposite alignment to Marcos and naiwf, as they seem to be the main two that pick me out when I'm scum. >_>

In all honesty, I could probably find examples of games where most of the 'regulars' have had good games. Didn't WoC once have a crazy Mafia win or something?

Every single time has been related to your play. It's maybe snowballed from there, but I have reasonable grounds to suspect you in Nick's game, and I had reasonable grounds to pretend to suspect you in GRIMDARK.

You knew I was town in GRIMDARK but spent the entirety of the game calling me an idiot, a moron, and a liar and then at the end tried to say I was scum. You never once had a legitimate in game reason for painting me as scum though. I spent the game trying to get you lynched because I was convinced you were scum and had reasons from my 1st post in the game. Those are not the same and the fact that you can't see that is precisely why I think you're a troll.

WOC won that Metallica game.

I do remember Sousa and I having a fuckton of fun messing with Stoker in West Wing Mafia, and winning from some ridiculous position like 7 or 8 on 2 or something.

I believe it was determined that I should always be a Day 1 lynch (/Night 1 NK), because either I'm scum (and my record as scum is something like 4 wins in 5) or I'm an awful townie who the town is better off without.

So yeah. There would seem to be an infinite chasm between the quality of my scum and town play.

All these people that are better at being scum suck.

I've never really been able to get the hang of being scum, I struggle to not change my game style.

I've seen some pretty ruthless scum play before, where they just play as townies as far as possible (ie Never giving help - even subtly - in the game thread). It sometimes works.

I think some people prefer being scum to town simply because they have to work harder to win and are more invested in the game from the beginning. If you are an indy you basically have to play hard from the start or you're dead. If you're mafia, you need to try to protect your teammates while picking off people who aren't on your team. Any day that you lose a teammate is a push at best, so you can't coast. If you're town and don't have an exciting power, a lot of people just check out, hop on bandwagons and wait until there are maybe 7-9 players left before they start to play for the win.

I think it's definitely easier to play as scum than town. SK is fun, as you don't expact to win and it only gets a bit hairy if you make the final five or so. One of my favourite games was when I was SK in Arrested Development and somehow contrived to win it :P

Okay guys, here's another one - what game would you like a 're-do' of? Either a game that didn't quite live up to expectation that could still be awesome - or maybe a game that didn't finish. I loved reading through the RoH/CZW Mafia game, but I don't think it ever finished which seems a pity.

Guest mr. potato head

You knew I was town in GRIMDARK but spent the entirety of the game calling me an idiot, a moron, and a liar and then at the end tried to say I was scum. You never once had a legitimate in game reason for painting me as scum though. I spent the game trying to get you lynched because I was convinced you were scum and had reasons from my 1st post in the game. Those are not the same and the fact that you can't see that is precisely why I think you're a troll.

WOC won that Metallica game.

You killed people who were town and refused to believe that they were town.