The Mafia Discussion Thread

I disagree. Granted, I don't have much experience as a gamerunner, but I think it should be your responsibility to determine what the best starting phase is. You are the only one who knows everything about the game and leaving the decision to the players can backfire pretty quickly.

My main issue is that night starts ALWAYS end up with someone, almost certainly a good player capable of making the game interesting, dying without getting to play the game.

Besides, day starts force players to play better. Well, they should, at least. Night starts keep players reliant on abilities, rather than actual play.

Clearly you're all missing a possible innovation here - have the game start at Day & Night simultaneously! :D

My main issue is that night starts ALWAYS end up with someone, almost certainly a good player capable of making the game interesting, dying without getting to play the game.

Besides, day starts force players to play better. Well, they should, at least. Night starts keep players reliant on abilities, rather than actual play.

It always seems to be you as well. People seem to think guys like me or RW would be protected so they go for good players who may not necessarily come to mind when you're thinking of who to protect on the first night. I don't think I've been mafia in the past, like, year, where you haven't come up as one of the main two or three choices for the first NK.

It always seems to be you as well. People seem to think guys like me or RW would be protected so they go for good players who may not necessarily come to mind when you're thinking of who to protect on the first night. I don't think I've been mafia in the past, like, year, where you haven't come up as one of the main two or three choices for the first NK.

Strangely, I can't remember the last time I was a night one kill.

Then again, I'm ALWAYS FUCKING SCUM. Sometimes I don't even remember how to play like town. I'm horrible at it.

Strangely, I can't remember the last time I was a night one kill.

Then again, I'm ALWAYS FUCKING SCUM. Sometimes I don't even remember how to play like town. I'm horrible at it.

You were a night 1 kill in RW's last game werent you? I think I remember you saying you were somewhat flattered by being thought of as worthy of being such.

And I agree with Pesci on the notion of killing from the second level of players first night. I've often convinced scum teamates to kill someone that is not the elite but still a damned fine player and a worthy but safe target.

If I'm scum, I will never play another mafia game again provided that you're willing to take the other side of that bet. I'm tired of your bullshit cluttering up every mafia game I play.

After the death of Xmas mafia, hoped to never see this shit again. It just starts a turn of endless posturing that bores anyone unwilling to take part of the dick waving.

• Like 2