The Mafia Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mr. Potato Head

Bill's explanation of Tag Team Mafia reminded me of two things...

1) Hasn't something like that been tried before? C-MIL maybe?

2) Not that it was the exact same idea, but I don't need any excuse to :lol: at Hugar's Pokemon Mafia.

I designed a WWF Tag Team Champions Of The Mafia game that's pretty much the same idea, but that was a few comps ago and I don't have it anymore.

Every player had a mason partner and an ability, but if they lost their partner they'd lose their ability. I tried to build it so teams that lost a partner could pair up with somebody else. The mafia was The Hart Foundation, Owen Hart & British Bulldog. Yokozuna and Dynamite Kid were going to be patsies that the scum would've had to pick off first. I went through a real "hey, evil twins" phase in my game design.

Bob Backlund & Pedro Morales were like super cop/doc/blocker-types. Crazy broken... but it's a crazy broken tag team.

Rock 'N' Roll Express were the SK.

Captain Lou Albano was the odd man out who'd have to latch on to an existing team to survive.

This is not Burny it's a friend. he needs to be replaced in all mafia games and that his game is over.

He apparently got into a shouting match with his uncle (whom he currently lives with) long story short his uncle shoved and burny fell down the basement stairs. He's in the hospital, pretty sure he's broken a rib or two, probably has a concussion.

This will be my first time running a game so mine won't be overly complex.

I am going to be running it on another forum first which should help work the bugs out and I have had Joshua checking my work to hopefully make sure it doesn't suck.

Keep in mind that a few people here also post there, so I wouldn't keep the exact same set-up for both. Talk to me about appropriate tweaks, if you wish.

This is not Burny it's a friend. he needs to be replaced in all mafia games and that his game is over.

He apparently got into a shouting match with his uncle (whom he currently lives with) long story short his uncle shoved and burny fell down the basement stairs. He's in the hospital, pretty sure he's broken a rib or two, probably has a concussion.

Damn, he's a good kid. Hate to see that happen. Tell him to get better soon.

Good Luck Burny. Hope you get better soon.

And since this seems to be the thread for it, I'll likely be scarce next few days, for reasons that I shall reveal at a later date.