The Mafia Discussion Thread

Tell you what, if I get killed tonight, lynch Ego. If I don't, we'll talk about it.

Am I really the only one who finds posts like this so irksome? It's stuff like this that makes me want to ban talking at night in my games.

To be honest, I've always kinda wondered why you can talk at night (other than "yay we got a mafia" or "boo he really was town"), in the party game version you obviously can't discuss strategy at night. Then again, it'd make little difference, people would just start saying those sort of things before the lynch.

I can see your point TEOL, but honestly, activity in most mafia games seems to be down so much that giving those who are playing ANY "legit" break looks like it's just asking for a game to bog down even more. I can understand why a post like that might annoy you though, so fair point there.

Tell you what, if I get killed tonight, lynch Ego. If I don't, we'll talk about it.

Am I really the only one who finds posts like this so irksome? It's stuff like this that makes me want to ban talking at night in my games.

To be honest, I've always kinda wondered why you can talk at night (other than "yay we got a mafia" or "boo he really was town"), in the party game version you obviously can't discuss strategy at night. Then again, it'd make little difference, people would just start saying those sort of things before the lynch.

In the first games I ran, mafia could only talk at night to each other and town could only talk during the day. Basically I saw it as when the lynch happened, people went home to sleep, allowing scum to be scummy. It was more a roleplaying effect than anything, but its carried over to the few people Ive brought to the board.

So nothing like the board reset (or whatever it was) totally eating a mafia you're playing in, eh? Also, my friends and I are thinking about playing a mafia game that I read about online, where you turn off all the lights in the house, and the scum has to roam around until they find someone in the dark to kill. Then (after an appropriate amount of time for said scum to get away), the victim screams, the lights come back on, and everyone goes back to the "main room" to vote. Any thoughts on if this sounds fun, or is it just me? To my way of thinking, it'd be like hide and seek in the dark mixed with mafia.

I'm really annoyed that I can't find my Pokemon Mafia and Mafiaverse games, I remember they were both going to be awesome (particularly Mafiaverse) with some crazy and unique roles but I don't remember A) which computer I saved them on and B) why I deleted them off whichever computer it was <_<

Not that there'd be even a slight chance of running a game the size of them given that it took ndqw's game like 5 days to fill up. But it'd still be cool to find them again, just to see whether they were as awesome as I remember them being.

I have to stop saying awesome.

I'm really annoyed that I can't find my Pokemon Mafia and Mafiaverse games, I remember they were both going to be awesome (particularly Mafiaverse) with some crazy and unique roles but I don't remember A) which computer I saved them on and B) why I deleted them off whichever computer it was <_<

Not that there'd be even a slight chance of running a game the size of them given that it took ndqw's game like 5 days to fill up. But it'd still be cool to find them again, just to see whether they were as awesome as I remember them being.

I have to stop saying awesome.

tumblr_lfkaosENPV1qzc0e9.gif

Does anyone wonder about some of the people that you constantly see browsing the mafia cube but never actually play any games/post?

Alpach213 is an example of someone I've often seen browse the mafia cube but never anything more than that.

I did that for a while too, because I couldn't be bothered to actually play but it was fun to read along.

I don't think it helped my playing skill :shifty:.

I find it hard to read a game I'm not playing in, I find myself wanting to kill people for saying stupid things but not being able to point it out in the thread. I'm sure people do the same thing with my posts, mind <_<