The Mafia Discussion Thread

Guest mr. potato head

Alpach213 is going to sign up for a game and end up being the best player ever.

Pfft, we said the same thing about Slogger.

Also RW remains the strangest person I ever saw lurking like that.

Alpach213 is going to sign up for a game and end up being the best player ever.

Pfft, we said the same thing about Slogger.

Also RW remains the strangest person I ever saw lurking like that.

And now RW is the best player ever(according to ppg anyways). 2nd best when Alpach starts tearing shit up.

I find it hard to read a game I'm not playing in, I find myself wanting to kill people for saying stupid things but not being able to point it out in the thread. I'm sure people do the same thing with my posts, mind <_<

I usually just throw down a vote their way and hope it catches on. >_>

Serious question.

Why are we still running(or trying to run) 5 games at a time, when EWB mafia(as a whole) is struggling somewhat?

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that I'm almost up again (when Star Trek only ended a few weeks ago) but it's probably something to discuss.

Possibly because there's still a huge backlog of games waiting to be run? That's kind of my understanding of why the waiting list was set up in the first place.

Guest mr. potato head

I remember us lowering the limit to 4 last time mafia with through a death spiral. Don't remember it every getting raised back up to 5 officially.

Yeah but the 5 games that are running are running pretty slowly, or at least I think that's what he's suggesting. I think Domino is moving fine, it was just no-one could make their mind up, Uncle Monty is moving slowly but that might pick up after day 1, the others I'm not really following so I can't comment.

Because people want to run games but not play them, maybe? Or at least not play in more than one at a time. I think if the waiting list was scrapped, we'd get about 5 more games opening up and they'd to all struggle to fill up and then stay active.

Guest mr. potato head

Footjob's got it bang-on. We need the waiting list because we can't trust people to police themselves. Without the waiting list, those of us who would wait for the Mafia Cube to look ready for a new game would never get to it, because some newbie would always jump in first.

And then what? We don't give the newbies a chance at all, because we just keep signing up for the latest Sousa/RW/TEOL/Norro/C-Mil game?

The waiting list makes it fairer for all. Shortening the amount of games at once, makes it less time-consuming to play, and people can focus a little more on the games they are in.