The 2007 Major League Baseball Thread

Vendetta

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The choke is complete. Mets lose, Phillies win. Mets go home for the winter, and I HOPE TO GOD Willie Randolph gets fired for this. Wishful thinking I know, but SOMEONE has to take the fall for this disgraceful showing.

Blame Minaya for being an overrated GM....he brought in way too many older players and not enough pitching.

Sorry for the double post, but I have made a checklist for the Mets this offseason. Agree, disagree, or call me crazy. Your call :)

- Fire Willie Randolph, Hire Veteran Manager

- Re-sign Ramon Castro/Acquire top-tier catcher

- Overhaul bullpen

- Acquire a front-line starter

- Do NOT sign players over 35 years old unless it's a one year deal at a cheap price.

Discuss, or ignore. Whatever :P

I don't want to ever see Willie, Glavine, Delgado, LoDuca, Mota, Sosa, Schoenweis, Heilman or Wagner in Mets uniforms ever again. If the Mets get rid of or don't re-sign even half of them that will improve the team. It doesn't matter though since their best/only chance to win the WS with this squad came last year and surprise, surprise they choked that one away to an 83 win team.

Should the tiebreaker game between Colorado & San Diego go down, I definitely want to catch it. That would be an excellent game.

Edit: Well, despite a two-run rally in the top of the 9th, the Pads fall to Milwaukee 11-6. On top of that, Colorado nets a three-run homer in the bottom of the 8th to take a 4-1 lead over Arizona. I'm begging you, ESPN, pick up and show tomorrow's game.

Edited by ____

I think it's on TBS. Not sure though.

TBS doesn't have it listed on its online schedule (opting instead for Everybody Loves Raymond, Friends, and two hours of Family Guy.)

Likewise, ESPN does not have a TV station listed (or an XM station) for the game.

All of this could be because of the short notice, but I'll keep an eye out and edit if nobody else posts info.

Hey, no crackin' on Ernie. The man survived cancer and is still the best in-studio commentator this side of Karl Ravich (on a good night, of course.)

This game has been fantastic. Despite some shoddy outfield defense, the bullpens have been absolutely unreal. The pace still feels quick, even as we enter the bottom of the 12th.

Edit: And with that, Julio may have just served up the Rockies' season to Scott Hairston. 8-6 Padres and Julio just cannot stay in control.

Edited by ____