The 2007 Major League Baseball Thread

Vendetta

I missed the Sox/Angels game but the other two were pretty solid, if slightly boring since I had no rooting interest. I'd like to see the Phillies & Cubs lose just because some of their fans irritate me to no end, but I can't find myself caring about the teams from the NL West. On a completely unrelated note, does anyone else think Beckett looks like a small Batista ever since he shaved his beard?

I could dig the Rockies and Cubs meeting up, if only because of my fandom of the Cubs and the momentum of Colorado.

And I anxiously await when Beckett sees Bartolo Colon's Khali-esque walk and simply spears him to the ground. It should -- nay -- MUST happen.

Walt Jocketty out as St. Louis GM. Not entirely surprised by this one.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the games today are any indication, pitchers will determine this year's champion. Some serious performances from Beckett and Webb. Also, here's a brief summary of who I think will win the major postseason awards.

AL MVP: A-Rod

NL MVP: Matt Holliday

AL Cy Young: Josh Beckett

NL Cy Young: Jake Peavy

AL ROY: Dustin Pedroia

NL ROY: Ryan Braun

Guest wwebone

OFF! - The Official Bug Spray of The Cleveland Indians.

Man, I went to the game last night and I don't think there was a bug in sight. Awful.

In any event, Cleveland tied it up last inning, so it's currently 1-1 in the 9th. Great pitcher's duel so far.

All I got to say is congratulations to Alexander Emmanuel Rodriguez, you SUCK in the Playoffs. The only reason I am so into these games because I love rooting against the Yankees, especially A-Rod. I just love seeing him strike out, especially with runners in scoring position. He just isn't clutch come Playoff time. If the Indians can get by the top half of the 11th, I can see a victory as with no more Rivera after going 2 innings, who left can hold onto the tie? Vizcaino is there best bet and he is nothing.

Edited by Evansfan1