The 2007 Major League Baseball Thread

Vendetta

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best. Postseason. Ever.

Well not really, but the Yankees, Phillies and Cubs all losing in the first round is awesome. I'd be content with any of the four remaining teams winning the World Series, but if I had to order them I'd go Sox, Rockies, Indians and then D'Backs. The ratings for the remaining games will more than likely suck, but any season which doesn't end with Derek Jeter celebrating is a good one.

Best. Postseason. Ever.

Well not really, but the Yankees, Phillies and Cubs all losing in the first round is awesome. I'd be content with any of the four remaining teams winning the World Series, but if I had to order them I'd go Sox, Rockies, Indians and then D'Backs. The ratings for the remaining games will more than likely suck, but any season which doesn't end with Derek Jeter celebrating is a good one.

Best. Postseason. Ever.

Quoted for emphasis.

RIP Yankees. Mr. Torre, there's a limo outside waiting to take you to retirement :P

I thought Steinbrenner said that Torre would be fired if they didn't win game 3? I don't remember anything about "if they don't win this series" or "if they don't win game 4".

I think its a good move, IF the Yankees are going to 'rebuild'. Well, considering its the Yankees, reload is probably a better word. They have a lot of guys that might not come back, Posada, Rivera, A-Rod, Clemens, which could have a huge impact on the team. They've always been a better team when they use homegrown guys, and they have some good young players, so it might be time to make a change, and get younger.

Well, it also depends on who has control of the team. If Steinbrenner tries to regrab power, generally his vision of things would be signing a bunch of older all-stars for ridiculous contracts.

If Brian Cashman can remain in the helm, we shall see guys like Chamberlain, Hughes, Kennedy, Cano, Betemit, Melky, etc... get a shot to be the next Yankees era.

And now we wait for Bobby Cox to inevitably retire, and then slump back into another decade or two of complete and total sucktaculartude. =/

Edit: Catching Stephen A. Smith on First & 10 as he yells and screams about Roger Clemens and the Yankees. Yeah...I'm about done with Stephen. It's like if Lewis Black worked with ESPN and lost all sense of humor.

Edited by ____