The 2007 Major League Baseball Thread

Vendetta

This is great, I can't friggin' wait until Thursday.

However, I am sick and tired of the media, always looking past the Tribe, making excuses for teams that lose against us and all types of bullshit like that. The Cleveland Indians have been rocking the playoffs and kicking all kinds of ass. I'm so pissed at being looked past, the media is so biased, it's not even funny.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is great, I can't friggin' wait until Thursday.

However, I am sick and tired of the media, always looking past the Tribe, making excuses for teams that lose against us and all types of bullshit like that. The Cleveland Indians have been rocking the playoffs and kicking all kinds of ass. I'm so pissed at being looked past, the media is so biased, it's not even funny.

Support New York, Boston, Chicago Cubs, St. Louis, or Los Angeles. That's the only viable solution for your anger about the media overlooking your favorite team.

I'm going to assume this means Torre's going to retire as well.

Now begins the rumors. Girardi, LaRussa? Who else could be thrown around?

Don Mattingly looks to be the initial front-runner. Reports have been conflicting, as Mattingly kinda said he didn't want to replace Torre, but Mattingly's agent reports that he is all but ready for the job.

I wouldn't be surprised it Torre pops up elsewhere, to be honest. He doesn't really strike me as someone who is done managing.

Edited by ____

I would be kinda surprised if we blew the rest of the series since I think that if Carmona sinker is going he should do pretty well tommorrow altough with Schilling being a big game pitcher it could be a pitchers duel. If the Series were to go to 7 games the pressure would obviously be on the Indians but I would still feel comfortable with Westbrook after last game and Dice-K didnt look like anything special when the Indians faced him in Cleveland. The person that really needs to step up is Hafner, he looks nothing like the dangerous hitter we had last year and he needs to step his game up if we want to win this series and have a chance if we make it to the next round, I mean something like 5 strikeouts in 2 games cannot be tolerated.

The person that really needs to step up is Hafner, he looks nothing like the dangerous hitter we had last year and he needs to step his game up if we want to win this series and have a chance if we make it to the next round, I mean something like 5 strikeouts in 2 games cannot be tolerated.

And conversely, Boston needs someone to do something other than Ortiz and Manny. These two cannot carry the team alone. There was some improvement yesterday, just need to see that in Games 6 and 7 too.