The 2007 Major League Baseball Thread

Vendetta

Welcome to Cleveland, Ohio, the most sports-cursed city in the history of disappointment.

Just in my life time, I have seen the downfall of the Indians in both of the '95 and '97 World Series, followed by the Cavs getting swept by the Spurs, and then Ohio State losing in both the NCAA Football National Championship and NCAA Basketball National Championship, and now...the Cleveland Indians blowing a 3-1 series lead to the Boston Red Sox. At least I know the Browns will never disappointment me...

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So someone needed to step up.....and JD Fucking Drew does? What the hell? I guess he wanted to show he's not totally useless. Can't wait for Game 7, it should be a good game.

One big hit does not make up for a years worth of strikeouts in pressure spots. If he say, does it again game 7, maybe we'll forgive him, but he's still on the hook right now.

And after losing two in a row in convincing fashion, Cleveland gets hit with the bomb that Paul Byrd bought $25K of HGH from that Florida clinic. Cleveland just can't buy a break, and they looked sullen towards the end of the game last night. Unless Matsuzaka implodes early (which could conceivably happen), Cleveland is dead in the water.

I still have confidence that Cleveland can win tonight Westbrook looked good in the last start because he is more of a control pitcher. I mean Boston will get thier hits tonight but atleast last game Westbrook got out of the innings realtively unharmed. Pitching defiantly is the key to the game though, if Dice-K implodes Indians have to take advantage and get up on the Red Sox early especially with Wakefield and Beckett possibly coming in relief.

Andrew Daisu-Clay Matsuzaka looks solid in the first, Sawx have potential to break a 1-0 lead open in the first (one out, runners everywhere for Drew.) Westbrook looks shaken from the first run...may be a rough inning for him.

After hearing Mike Greenberg's explanation, I think I would dig a Rockies/Sox Series than an Indians/Rockies set. The idea of the Rockies as underdogs appeals a bit more to me as your average, non-special viewer sheep.

Lofton being held up was like the killer. Had he been waved in he'd have scored, switched momentum, and tied the game. Instead a double play comes next, kills their momentum, gets the crowd going.

Yup. And I don't think anyone thought there would've been a play at the plate, but he got held up anyway. Oh well.

I was hoping for Cleveland to win because I think they'd be easier for the Rockies to beat ( :shifty: ) but now I think they've got a challenge.

EDIT: This game just got fucking ridiculous in a matter of minutes. Geez.

Edited by Cloudy

Booya. Manny and Ortiz didn't do anything in the game, Pedroia and Youk made up for it, along with the pitching. I can't wait for the World Series, as I haven't seen much of the Rockies this season.