Download Festival

ravenjuice

Shadows Fall falls into the same genre of music as your Killswitch Engage, Unearth, yadda yadda. Pretty good, though I've never hugely been into them.

30 Seconds To Mars is Jared Leto's band, and they kinda do alternative rock (I know, a loose term, but couldn't think of anything better)...alright, may be worth a look.

I've heard Enter Shikari are good, but dunno what they do.

No love for Dimmu? Booo....>_>

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People seem to love Enter Shakari. Mustaine & Slash doing a few tracks like that would be awesome. & I know, I don't like MCR headlining either, I just dislike the stupid emo-bashing moreso. Not saying yr doing it, but the Download board is full of it.

I have a Dimmu album. Never really got into it. I'll give it another bash though, considering.

And Enter Shikari are like.. New.. Rave... Metal.. according to my mate.

Argh I fucking hate genres.

Out of interest, are you just not interested in seeing Motley Crue? & what about Korn?

Eh... It's Motley Crue.. I just never... I just don't care really. There's no dislike involved, just never listened. Hmmm. Might give em a bash. I'm sure to find something of theirs in a bargain bin >_<.

And I just hate Korn. I bought two albums and hated them both, I've learned since that they're apparently the two worst albums, but still.. if you can't impress me, when I've gone as far out of my way as two albums, then you're just not that good >_<.

I saw Korn live the other year and I was surpised at how good they actually were. I always liked them a bit but was never a big fan, but they are good live.

I cant decide if I should go or not. There doesnt seem to be as many bands I want to see as last time I went (2005), but rememebring that, I know I'll have a good time. Its not that I dont want to see a lot of the bands, its just I've seen them before whereas last time there was so many bands I liked and had never seen.

Although I have yet to see Maiden, LP, Manson, Crue or Machine Head. So they're all good reasons to go.

For those who asked, Shadows Fall do fall into a similar category as KSE, but dont really sound similar. They're pretty technical musically, but yes are screamy. Not in an arrrrghh way but in a grrrrr way. If you get me.

Im not keen on either Enter Shikari or Bring Me The Horizon. Both seems to be 'fad bands' to me that people are into right now, but probably wont give a shit about in a year or two.

Enter Shikari are alright, nothing special. but Kerrang and NME both seem to be fighting over who 'discovered' them, which is quite amusing.

Shadows Fall are awesome, looking forward to seeing them. Dream Theatre should be pretty good too, although I only have two of their albums.

Korn are fucking awful.

Dream Theater and Megadeth have pretty much guarenteed I go.

I used to like Shadows Fall, but I know unless they play A Fire in Babylon I'll be horrifically dissapointed.

Enter Shikari can fall into a void of dispair.

I missed Korn last year to see Opeth, I still dont regret my decision.

The only thing I know about Motley Crue is that the lead singer died for a while and Eugene Mirman did a mildly funny mock-up on them.