Games you've counted down the months until...

In terms of literally counting down the days:

System Shock 2 (PC)

Black and White (PC)

Halo 2 (X-Box)

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (360)

I can actually remember getting excited about Duke Nukem Forever, but never to the point of counting days.

System Shock 2 (PC)

Black and White (PC)

Halo 2 (X-Box)

I can actually remember getting excited about Duke Nukem Forever, but never to the point of counting days.

Now, Black and White is a great game. I must get around to reinstalling it now I've got a bigger harddrive.

It was so beautiful and clever and subtle, even if my beast kept going around eating people rather than rescuing them from drowning, :pinch:

World of Warcraft (the original, not TBC).

Warhammer: Age of Reckoning (8 months to go! Give or take).

Dawn of War

TEW 07

There are loads of games that, although I didn't count down the days until it came out, I did count down the days/hours until the post arrived after I'd ordered it. Medieval 2, PES5, FM07, Dawn of War: Winter Assault, Chaos League's patch - erm, I mean addon - Sudden Death, etc.

Can't say I've ever been dissapointed by a game that I've been following the development of and waiting for it's release. Except games that never actually materialised, of course.

Edited by Farmer Reil

System Shock 2 (PC)

Black and White (PC)

Halo 2 (X-Box)

Now, Black and White is a great game. I must get around to reinstalling it now I've got a bigger harddrive.

It was so beautiful and clever and subtle, even if my beast kept going around eating people rather than rescuing them from drowning, :pinch:

Halo 2. I literally had a desktop countdown to the SECOND it was released.

Dead Rising. What a let down.

Mass Effect. Still waiting...it's so close, I can almost lick it.

Crackdown (& Halo 3 Beta). Words cannot describe the gamelust involved here. I love the Crackdown demo and to be able to be a part of the Halo 3 Beta...fucking yes!

In general, I try not to know release dates for games, because I know I'll go crazy waiting.

One for me was Vice City, due to the excitement in it I did do a bit of researching online as to the various things going into it and when I finally got it...things didn't really click. It was a little familair, not too much in the way of suprises. I actually left it for a month or two before picking up and enjoying it.

I'm actually a little worried that will happen with Crackdown come next month since i've been playing the demo to death.

Back in 2002, me and my friends were really anticipating SmackDown! Shut Your Mouth for the PS2. When I finally got it, I pretty much played it every day until SmackDown! Here Comes The Pain came out. Personally, I never really cared for HCTP and once I completed it, I went back to playing SYM.

I've looked forward to games, but the only time I ever counted down months/days/hours was for the Wii. And it sucked waiting in line all day and then finding out at 12:01 that I couldn't get one, and then having to be at work 6am the next day.

But it's all good. I just casually went into EB Games on my lunch break last month and got my Wii. :)