Brits to get taste of NFL

The Third Dukes

The NFL didn't like the idea of being tied to a subscription channel as it limits exposure, hence channel 5 can now show the Sunday night late game and MNF, whilst Sky get rights to at least2, usually 4 games per week, and all the playoff games. ITV outbid Channel 5 for the terrestrial rights to show the Superbowl, but because of Sky, they can only show playoff highlights, not full games.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor Wembley :(.

Poor Wembley? Poor New York and Miami!

Giving up a home game is huge, and I think playing in a whole different setting with whole different fans will distract and screw up the game for both teams, espically the Giants who need all the wins they can it.

Oh right, I completely forgot they expected that after this one match everyone would love it.

Yes it will be behind football, rugby and unfortunately cricket probably forever but the fact is they're trying to appeal to a bigger more worldwide audience. And congratulations, you find it boring? Great? Personally I don't care for watching football for 90 minutes but hey, I must be wrong right?

Each to their own, don't get at someone else because they don't agree with what you like.

I quite like it, understand the rules and the rest, but still can't sit through a full game, other than the Superbowl that I make an exception for. I'd be willing to wager that on top of the other three listed, Tennis and Golf probably draw in more viewers over here, not even mentioning darts (its not a sport!!!!!). Explosion? I think not.

The fact that its really hard to get access to play over here, and anyone with the raw ability to do so is generally going to play rugby anyway doesn't help.

I quite like it, understand the rules and the rest, but still can't sit through a full game, other than the Superbowl that I make an exception for. I'd be willing to wager that on top of the other three listed, Tennis and Golf probably draw in more viewers over here, not even mentioning darts (its not a sport!!!!!). Explosion? I think not.

The fact that its really hard to get access to play over here, and anyone with the raw ability to do so is generally going to play rugby anyway doesn't help.

Edited by IAceI

Or because it's boring. But hey, keep kidding yourself.

Point is, no matter how much you say it's "exploded", people still look at it behind Football, Rugby and even Cricket. One game won't change that.

They're not trying to make it our national game, they're just trying to get more people interested in the sport. It will garner more interest thanks to the game being held at Wembley whether you like to think so or not. I don't see how it can't with as big an event it's turning out to be.