What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

Everything about the film was fantastic. The only thing that I didn't like was that Whiplash was in no way as cool as Iron Monger, but then this film also had Justin Hammer, so it all evens out. I do love Sam Rockwell, the man should be in so many more films.

Speaking of Sam Rockwell, I saw Moon the other day. Frankly, it was amazing. I really loved it. Sam Rockwell managed to not only carry the movie but just make it feel so amazingly real and close. His portrayal of two vastly different sides of Sam Bell was amazing and everyone should check it out. Only thing I can think of is that Moon might have been a bit stale at points but it is easily nullified by Rockwell's brilliant performance. Also, Kevin Spacey doing voice-acting!

Also yes, Iron Man 2 was good... for what it was. I only know the tiniest bit of Iron Man lore so I wasn't all mark for when future heroes appeared, that might have put a damper on my experience. Otherwise, it was a damn well-made action flick. Mickey Rourke showed once again why he needs love, off course Sam Rockwell and Robert Downey Jr. played well off each other. It did get a bit 2012-like at points but in these times, I guess there are only going to be more of that so I'm just going to have to get used to it. Iron Man 2 was great for a cinema experience.

• Like 2

Moon is a wonderful fucking movie. It really shows Rockwell's range, because often he gets sort of typecast into the smarmy asshole role and there's a bit of that in Moon but so much more. Kevin Spacey is also great in his voice role.

Also, just finished watching The Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus. Sweet jesus, what a great, zany, flashy, acid trip of a ride. Just the sort of movie I love. I bet it has alot of underlying themes that I can't decipher because I'm all herp derp but Terry Gilliam just proves why he is one of my favorite directors. Wonderful, briliant casting with Tom Waits just being Tom Waits except named Mr. Nick, the Devil and Heath Ledger doing a great job of showing that The Joker performance wasn't the be all end all of his career (well, he died, but you know what I mean :shifty: ). It is one of those movies that just screams at you to watch it twice and I most certainly will, and it will be a completely different experience. It is so full of great visuals and crisp presentation that I doubt anyone would catch it all the first time.

Fucking Terry Gilliam, I love you man. :wub:

On the Moon train again; I need to mention that it has a great fucking theme, Clint Mansell is a god amongst men.

Yup, stayed until after the credits because honestly, I was expecting a tease. It was great because there were like six other guys who stayed behind and myself, my mate and those six guys all agreed upon that it was the geeks and nerds that had stayed behind. :P But yeah, it was a cool little tease.

Also..

Stan Lee as Larry King!

Saw "The Ghost" yesterday, fairly quality film. One of the best films I've seen in a while actually. But it did make me realise I do have a total man-crush on Ewan McGregor...and Kim Cattrall would still get it fucking plenty.

...then watched "He's Just Not That Into You" on Sky Movies...actually nowhere near as annoying as I thought it'd be...funny/refreshing to see Justin Long in a role that's not just "underachieving nerd", good to see the boyfriend from "Wedding Crashers" groping the shit out of Scarlett Johannsson, Jennifer Anniston is beginning to look like Skeletor (...yeah, I did just say I'd rag Kim Cattrall as well, I know...I think that might be a bit hypocritical) and Ginnifer Goodwin is a total goddess. :wub:

And we were gonna see "Iron Man 2", but I pushed/shcokingly got my way, to see "The Ghost". I haven't seen "Iron Man", but I do love Robert Downer Jr...not as much as McGregor though. :shifty:

Edited by YI

Yup, stayed until after the credits because honestly, I was expecting a tease. It was great because there were like six other guys who stayed behind and myself, my mate and those six guys all agreed upon that it was the geeks and nerds that had stayed behind. :P But yeah, it was a cool little tease.

Also..

Stan Lee as Larry King!

Did you also notice another tease, in the form of

Captain America's shield? Or a half-built version of it, anyway.

I swear, Marvel is going to give me a heart attack with all this teasing. I knew in advance about the after-credits scene, but I had no idea about that one. I just turned to my friend in complete disbelief.

...then watched "He's Just Not That Into You" on Sky Movies...actually nowhere near as annoying as I thought it'd be...funny/refreshing to see Justin Long in a role that's not just "underachieving nerd", good to see the boyfriend from "Wedding Crashers" groping the shit out of Scarlett Johannsson, Jennifer Anniston is beginning to look like Skeletor (...yeah, I did just say I'd rag Kim Cattrall as well, I know...I think that might be a bit hypocritical) and Ginnifer Goodwin is a total goddess. :wub:

Everything you feel about this movie I feel the same, Ginnifer Goodwin is such a cutie :wub:

I hate the both of you.

I fail to understand why. Either you dislike Sam Rockwell, in which case, you're a mad man. But you proved that's not the case. OR. You dislike Iron Man. In which case, you're dead to me, GoGo. Dead to me.

Or you just haven't seen the film yet. In which case I'm not upset. Just disappointed.

My absolute favourite thing about the Cap America shield cameo was what Tony did with it. He just couldn't have cared less about the damn thing.

tongue.gif I hope they reference that in The Avengers in some way. And man, how good was Nick Fury? I love how much more of him there is. Though I have to imagine that anyone that didn't see the hidden scene in Iron Man 1 must have been like... "Who the fuck...?"

Also, I need more Scarlett Johansson in The Avengers. God. Tight leather. Myself and my friend have taken up cursing Ryan Reynolds for having both her and the role of Deadpool.

The more I think of the movie, the more I can't help but sing the praise of Rockwell. The man created the perfect foil to Tony Stark and I loved every second of him on screen. I only recently saw Moon, so I wasn't so sure about him going into the film, but he's possibly shot right up on my list of favourite actors. Just the inane energy he brought to the role was fantastic. I loved the scene where he's pissed at Ivan, so he takes away his bird.

And then his pillows.

...And then his shoes. tongue.gif

I finally got around to seeing Kick-Ass. And god damnit I'm giving it a 9/10 for being fucking awesome and entertaining as shit. I know there are people that hate it and I know there are people that were underwhelmed, but this exceeded all my high expectations. Great fucking time.

• Like 1

I finally got around to seeing Kick-Ass. And god damnit I'm giving it a 9/10 for being fucking awesome and entertaining as shit. I know there are people that hate it and I know there are people that were underwhelmed, but this exceeded all my high expectations. Great fucking time.

I mirror your rating, so fucking awesome, my expectations were so low for this when I saw previews this blew me away!

I finally got round to seeing District 9 when I rented it on LoveFilm. I'd heard mixed reviews from this but I found it brilliant popcorn sci-fi entertainment. Nice to see something different done with the normal alien movie formula, and for the most part it worked really well. The main character came across as a really annoying prick in the first 15-20 minutes but he grew into it, and I really felt for him at the end. Wasn't a fan of the 'TV report' style of the first half hour, would've been better if they'd kept that for the first 10-15 minutes. The aliens looked brilliant as I was expecting as well. I'll probably pick this up on dvd when I see it in the sales, will be a decent addition to the collection. 8/10

Edited by SilentBob2004

I mirror your rating, so fucking awesome, my expectations were so low for this when I saw previews this blew me away!

I agree with both of you, except that I gave it 10/10. I've seen it twice now, and plan on seeing it for the third time. And will definitely buy it on DVD the moment it comes out.

Best. Movie. Ever.

Edited by Jayzon