What Did You Watch Today?

BlackFlagg

I found The Grand on the list of movies available on Encore on Demand. It has a great group of actors and it hits all of the stereotypes of poker which should make it entertaining for anyone that watches poker. If you liked Best in Show but aren't a poker fan, you will probably like this movie. I give it a 7.5/10. The movie is basically a satire so it's funny, but I really didn't feel attached to any of the characters.

I watched The Boy in the Striped Pajamas last night before going to sleep, and it left such a large impression on me. I haven't been so close to sobbing during a film in a very long time. If anybody out there hasn't yet seen it, please go out and do so. The film is beautiful, and will leave you thinking for quite a while. 9/10.

Me and my girlfriend watched about half of Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 before she had to leave last night. Thus far, it's a fucking awful film, and I'm dreading having to finish it sometime soon. How did Zombie go from an absolute classic like The Devil's Rejects to an abortion like Halloween 2!?

EDIT: We finished H2 last night, and it was truly terrible. I'm still in awe that Rob Fucking Zombie directed it. I'm really hoping that he can squeeze out another Devil's Rejects type of film after this Tyrannosaurus Rex thing comes out. 2.5/10.

Edited by slain

The Last Airbender - .5/10

That .5 is for Shaun Toub and Aasif Mandvi somehow putting together amusing performances in the midst of very possibly the single worst movie I have ever seen in my life.

• Like 3

I really just came in here to say, how awesome is Brian Cox as William Striker? God I love that character. So much better than Danny Huston.

"You were always an animal, Wolverine. I just gave you claws."

From Dusk 'Till Dawn - 9/10 My love for Robert Rodriquez just keeps to grow. This film was awesome. I loved the structure of the movie and how quickly characters are dispatched. Clooney is quality in this, and Tarintino is even pretty good in this. Really funny and entertaining.

I really just came in here to say, how awesome is Brian Cox as William Striker? God I love that character. So much better than Danny Huston.

"You were always an animal, Wolverine. I just gave you claws."

To be fair, Brian Cox is pretty much awesome in everything he does.

The Last Airbender - .5/10

That .5 is for Shaun Toub and Aasif Mandvi somehow putting together amusing performances in the midst of very possibly the single worst movie I have ever seen in my life.

I think that's the worst movie I've seen since The Happening. M Night definitely has a career in making the worst movies imaginable.

At least The Happening was hysterical given Mark Wahlberg's performance. Marky Mark spent the entire movie as if he was an 8 year old trapped in a man's body and it was far too funny. I also love the fact that Mark was self-aware enough that he did it for his own amusement and even during the outtakes on the DVD you see Mark openly mocking M. Night. It's brilliant.

The scene where Wahlberg talks to the plant?

"Hello? My name is Elliot Moore. Just want to talk in a very positive manner, giving off good vibes. We're just here to use the bathroom, and then we're just going to leave. I hope that's OK."

So delightfully atrocious. I feel like M Night is the stupid kid in class who ALWAYS has the wrong answer and tries so hard and yet fails every single class.

I just watched Silent Night, Deadly Night. For a movie that caused so much controversy, it was very tame. It is a little funny and cheesy thought, so I give it a 4/10.

Ahahahahahahaha! Oh god, GoGo. Why did you do this to yourself?

I am a giant fan of the original series and sort of felt like I needed to watch the movie (without paying a single cent, of course) so I could properly bash it. It's seriously just shockingly bad, like even if the other M. Night movies in the last half-decade are bad at least it's bad in the style of movie he once made good movies in. This is just like proof that yes, it does take some talent to successfully make franchise blockbuster films because Night basically displays how to do every last aspect of it aside from a couple visuals completely and utterly wrong.

Predators 8/10

All around awesomely fun movie. It wasn't anything mind blowing, but it was still cool as fuck. It new how to be a good Predators film and didn't stray far from the formula. Even Adrien Brody was believable as a tough guy in it. Oleg Taktarov was awesome too.

I just came back from Predators and thought it was awful. I'm honestly shocked to see that it got 73% on Rotten Tomatoes because I'm usually quite in sync with them, not that I try to be or anything. It had the most cookie-cutter dialogue I've ever seen and the predators themselves just didn't do it for me. Plus it was hard to have anything but contempt for Brody. There's tough guy and then there's just being a cunt.

Preadators - 7.5/10 - It was harmless fine. Shit hits the fan and people start dropping like flies, which made it an enjoyable watch. It's not a game-changer or anything. But it's a fun way to spend two hours. I found bits funny, too. Intentional, or not. Adrian Brody really turns up the rough voice for this, and Lawrence Fishbourne is more like Samuel L.

Jackie Brown - 9/10 - My least favourite Tarantino film yet, but that's just because of how good his other films were. Dug this one, even though I felt it might've dragged just a little. Fun plot. Great dialouge and fantastic characters. Was great to see it all weave together. Jackson is superb.

Predators was a lot of fun. It retained the atmosphere and attitude of the original film, but did its own thing. Maybe when I take some time to think about it my opinion will change, but right now, I can't really think of anything that I disliked about the movie.